Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Overdue Review - One Potato, Two Potato, Dead

 

Goodreads:  One Potato, Two Potato, Dead (Farm to Fork #3)by Lynn Cahoon

Blurb:  Angie first meets Daniel Monet at a local mission, where she and her chef-in-training, Hope, are serving barbeque chicken poutine to the homeless. Monet is one of Hope’s teachers—but Angie’s boyfriend knows him from his youthful days in England, and he went by a different name back then. After Sheriff Brown shows up the next morning to report that the pseudo-French gourmet has been dead on top of a pool table, the victim of poisoned wine, it seems his real name might not have been the only secret he was hiding. The bon vivant is no longer vivant, and with Hope’s prints on the glass, it’ll be Angie who has to sauce out the real killer . .

My Thoughts:  I've been a long time reader of Lynn Cahoon but I haven't given much attention to this series until recently.  After reading the first book I had been kind of meh on the first book because I didn't really care for Angie but the more of this series that I read the more I fall in love with it.  I'm still not sure how I feel about Angie but I love the world she lives in with the people at the restaurant, the community around her, and her animal menagerie at home.  The mystery was enjoyable and I really wasn't quite sure who the killer was until Angie figured it out.  This isn't the most memorable of mysteries but it's fun and is quickly turning into a bit of a comfort read.  If you love a foodie cozy with an interesting mix of characters and a not so perfect main character this is a good series to try.  My Rating: Really Liked It (4 Stars)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad this series gets better as you go. I'm intrigued by some of Cahoon's other series. Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you ended up liking it more toward the end. The title made me laugh when I first read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a comfort cozy read is not to be stuck on the shelf unread, sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete