Saturday, November 18, 2023

Books I'm Excited to Read - Why Not Tonight

 

Goodreads:  Why Not Tonight by Susan Mallery

Blurb:  Natalie Kaleta will do anything for the artists at her gallery, including risk life, limb and the effect of humidity on her naturally curly hair. Braving a downpour to check on reclusive Ronan Mitchell, Natalie gets stranded by a mudslide at his mountain home, where the brooding glass artist reveals his playful side, sending her inconvenient crush from under-the-radar to over-the-top.
After a secret tore apart his family and made him question his sense of self, Ronan fled his hometown for Happily Inc, but the sunny small town can’t fix his damaged heart. He won’t give in to his attraction for beautiful, perpetually cheerful Natalie. She’s untouched by darkness—or so he thinks.

Natalie knows that when a heart goes through the flame, it comes out stronger. Life may not be a fairy tale, but sometimes dreams do come true. Why not this one? Why not tonight?

My Thoughts:  This wasn't one I was excited to read but more one that was on my library list that I'm trying to make progress on.  I was in the mood for a cute romance and this definitely delivered. Natalie is a likable main character though her impulsiveness is a bit exaggerated - especially at first.  I like that she's honest about herself and has no issues calling Ronan on his particular issues but at the same time does need to take a sulk break.  For the most part she felt authentic and relatable.  I like Ronan but how he was handling a big revelation was a bit frustrating - which made it all the more satisfying on it when Natalie put things in perspective.  I like the family dynamic between the brothers and the small town feel of Happily Inc.  This is the 3rd book in this series but is really a stand alone.  This wasn't the most memorable romance I've read but I did enjoy the characters and the story and I do plan on picking up the other books in the series.  My Rating: Liked It! (3.5 Stars)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds sweet, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you're able to check this one off your list. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually enjoy Susan Mallery's books and this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a light romance like this is just what fits our reading mood. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some romance novels are for the right mood, I think. I usually enjoy them inbetween heavier reads. Have a good Thanksgiving coming up.

    ReplyDelete