Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday Fives - Five Dessert Recipes


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This week is a not so much as I'm trying to decide what dessert to bring to Thanksgiving.  We do Thanksgiving on Friday with my husband's family which we host here but on Thursday we go to my mother's (my dad is smart and goes to the beach for Thanksgiving) and I am supposed to bring dessert and mashed potatoes.  For the Thanksgiving we host the menu is set in stone and there would be mass chaos if we changed anything but at my mother's it's a bit more experimental.  Here are 5 desserts I'm considering.  


1.  Brown Sugar Apple Bundt Cake from Lemons for Lulu - A Bundt cake with apples and brown sugar sounds pretty tasty!

2.  Snickerdoodle Pie from Something Swanky - I'm not a huge pie fan but I love cinnamon and this sounds different but still familiar.


3.  Old Fashioned Chess Pie with Brown Butter from Bake or Break - I know I said I didn't like pie but this involves brown butter and that's hard to pass up.

4.  Irish Apple Cake from The Baker Upstairs - I'm not sure what exactly makes this Irish but it looks delicious.  

5.  Apple Cider Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese From Delightfule Made - Cream cheese frosting is one of my absolute favorite things and caramel cream cheese frosting sounds even better.  

What would you make for dessert?  

8 comments:

  1. Yum, they all sound good! I've never had any of them so I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those look yummy! We will be hosting family for Thanksgiving and I think everyone that lives here is glad we've moved back and can that over again - ha! I will say that over the years we have kept some traditional things, but I have also added some 'healthy' things. And I make people take the 'unhealthy' items home afterwards. I shocked my mother-in-law one time by saying that if people didn't take the 'unhealthy' with them, it was going in the trash. I know - wasteful - but my husband and I just can't have some things around any more as we try to be healthier. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Cake would be my choice, probably #5 because cream cheese and caramel are also yummy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these sound so delicious! I'd probably go with the Brown Sugar Apple Bundt cake, though that Snickerdoodle Pie is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they do all sound delicious so I think it would be very hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, tough choice! I think I'm leaning toward the Apple Cider Cake, but I'm sure I would enjoy any of them.

    ReplyDelete