Saturday, February 18, 2023

Life and Reading Updates - February 19


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Death by a Thousand Sips by Gretchen Rue
(Publisher)

Murder in Postscript by Mary Winters (Publisher)

Hard Dough Homicide by Olivia Matthews (Publisher)

Murder Off The Books by Tamara Berry (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  A Sinister Revenge by Deanna Raybourn and That Summer by Lauren Willig

Listening:  Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

We have been hit by Covid.  Will and I were both down with it for a week though somehow Jason managed to avoid it.  This is the first time any of us have had it and thankfully we are all fully vaccinated and boosted so our cases were relatively mild.  Will is feeling back to normal other than a bit of a cough and thankfully has been off treatment for a month so his immune system is pretty much back to normal.  I'm testing negative but have some chest congestion and a bit of wheezing so I'm a bit worried it's turned into some kind of upper respiratory infection.  If it's not better in a few days I'll probably go to the doctor.   I haven't been around much the last couple of weeks because of this but am hoping to be back on line regularly again soon.

Have a great week and happy reading!

19 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all. My husband has had it twice, and each time was hard on him. I am reading A Sinister Revenge next. I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your post last week and did worry that something was up. Sorry you got Covid, good that Will was able to ditch it. Hope your respiratory system clears. I see lots of cosy mysteries coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry covid has struck your family - hubby & I had it a few weeks ago and, like you, we were lucky to have it fairly lightly thanks to vaccines & boosters. I've read a couple of the earlier Deanna Raybourn books and it's a fun series. Have a terrific week and hope you find time to put your feet up and enjoy a good book!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been fighting Covid. Fortunately, it does seem to be weakening, which is good for everyone. Hope you are fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooooooooooooooo not COVID just when ya'll were starting to get your lives back! Dang! Not fair, not fair! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Thank God Will had an easy time of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I am sorry to hear about the covid but happy to know it was mild and you all are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, hope your feeling better soon! I see your reading the new Speedwell! I haven't gotten to it yet but I hope it's good!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no- hope you're feeling better soon. It does seem like the upper respiratory part lingers for a while in some people. we had some of that too.

    I love the look of Sinister- I've been wanting to try her books...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that Will is doing better. i hope you feel better soon too. I'm just about to start A Sinister Revenge soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you got COVID and hope you will all be much better soon.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katherine, so sorry that you guys got to 'experience' Covid. I am glad that Will was through with his treatments. Take care of yourself and when I had it (first time in January), that lingering cough was the thing that annoyed me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you guys got COVID, but glad your cases seemed mild. Hope you feel even better as the week goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear you both got sick. One of my friends from school has been feeling bad for a while and said yesterday that she test positive for Covid. I hope you both are rid of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I feel like Covid should have skipped you guys with everything you have been through. I am glad Will is feeling better and hope you do soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about the Covid. My husband and I had ver mild cases, too. I think it's because we're also fully vaccinated. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad Will was able to shake the virus off quickly. Covid-19 is strange in that it can leave lingering symptoms sometimes for weeks/months after testing negative. I kept getting a sore throat off and on for weeks after I had that first Omicron bout. 🤒 I hope your chest congestion goes away soon. 👍

    Have a wonderful new week. ☀

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh, sorry you've been dealing with the virus. I hope you and Will are 100% very soon.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear you got Covid. I hope you feel better soon!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/blog-1/2023/2/4/on-my-nightstand-february-5-2023-7nxcz-m95fn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Covid! I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm glad that Will's immune system is strong, and that your cases are mild.

    ReplyDelete