Thursday, February 2, 2023

Books from the Backlog - The Family You Make


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Family You Make by Jill Shalvis

Blurb:  During the snowstorm of the century Levi Cutler is stranded on a ski lift with a beautiful stranger named Jane. After strong winds hurl the gondola in front of them into the ground, Levi calls his parents to prepare them for the worst...but can't bring himself to say goodbye. Instead, wanting to fulfill his mother's lifelong wish, he impulsively tells her he's happily settled and Jane is his girlfriend--right before his phone dies.
But Levi and Jane do not.

Now Levi's family is desperate to meet "The One." Though Jane agrees to be his pretend girlfriend for just one dinner, she's nervous. After a traumatic childhood, Jane isn't sure she knows how to be around a tight-knit family that cherishes one another. She's terrified, and a little jealous. But an unexpected series of events and a host of new friends soon show Jane that perhaps this is the life she was always meant to have.

As Jane and Levi spend more time together, pretend feelings quickly turn into real ones. Now all Jane has to do is admit to herself she can't live without the man she's fallen in love with and the family she has always dreamed of.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I just read the latest book in this series and really enjoyed it so I want to catch up with some of the other residents of Sunlight Cove.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this one. I am a total Shalvis fan though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this and really liked it. I love this series. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're on a roll with this series. Cheering you on to pick up this next one and keep going.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pretend dating trope is always a fun one. I want to read this one now, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one on my wishlist. I always love Jill Shalvis' books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved this one, Katherine! Jill Shalvis is always consistently good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a huge contemporary romance reader but love Jill Shalvis,

    ReplyDelete