Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - My Favorite Books of 2022


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is My Favorite Books of 2022.  This is actually going to be a Top 12 because I'm going month by month.


1.  The Secret, Book, and Scone Society by Ellery Adams - In January, I picked this up because Kathryn over at Book Date really liked it and I was so glad I did!  I'm hoping to continue this series this year.

2.  The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan and Mrs. Pollifax on Safari by Dorothy Gilman - In February I couldn't decide between these two books.  They're both books by authors I consistently enjoy and both were just a delight.

3.  The Girl Who Touched the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - In March, I picked this book up on  a whim and absolutely loved it and it made me remember just how much I enjoy this author's books.

4.  Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber - I decided to keep the magical realism going in April and loved this book just as much as I did March's favorite.

5.  No River to Wide by Emilie Richards - In May I decided to tackle an overdue review book from a favorite author and remembered just why she was a favorite author.  I loved these characters and was sad to see this book end.  

6.  The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club by Lynn Cahoon - In June I went into this book with somewhat low expectations.  I enjoy this author's books but don't always like her newest series.  This one was a total win.


7.  The Librarian Spy by Madeline Martin and Round Up the Usual Peacocks by Donna Andrews - July was another tie.  The first book made me cry and broke my heart a little and the second book made me laugh out loud and removed all interest in ever having peacocks (and geese but I already didn't want geese).

8.  The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis - In August I read my first book by Fiona Davis but it absolutely won't be my last.

9.  The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell - In September this thriller by Lisa Jewell kept me seriously hooked.

10.  The Wife's Promise by Kate Hewitt - This dual timeline pulled me and broke my heart a bit but also proved that I didn't have to like a character to truly connect with the book and the character's story.

11.  The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell and Twice Upon a Time by L.M. Montgomery - November was another tie.  I loved the creepy thriller by Lisa Jewell but just as much I loved the cozy short story collection by one of my favorite childhood authors that had fascinating added context added in.

12.  When Time Stopped by Ariana Neumann - In December I got caught up in this memoir of a daughter trying to unravel the clues her father left for her and find her family's history as well as a deeper understanding of just who her father was.  

What were your favorite books in 2022?


15 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Night She Disappeared. Lisa Jewell is a real favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your list, Katherine! Very nice! I've read two of the books, Mrs. Pollifax on Safari (an old favorite and one I haven't reread in years) and Round Up the Usual Peacocks. I've read Donna Andrews first book in that series more than once and it was fun to re-visit the characters again. I keep meaning to read the whole series, but not sure I'll ever get that done. Lots of books there. Others on your list are either on my TBR or already on my Kindle. Planning on a good 2023 reading year (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these Katherine, but you know me - I am now going to take a closer look at just about all of them.

    I hope this year will another great reading year for you!

    PS: I am going to try to do the monthly favorite book as well, I think it might sort my mind a bit more!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good books! I'll be adding several of these titles to my own TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big yes to so many here and so happy that you loved The Secret Book & Scone Society. The Kate Hewitt I put in my Audible list and just waiting for it to publish there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few of these are in my TBR. I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list! I love how you broke it down by month! I have The Magnolia Palace on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of the books that made your list but I do have a lot of these on my tbr. I am so glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome list! I've read The Family Upstairs, which I loved. I have so many Lisa Jewell books to catch up on. Happy reading in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mrs. Pollifax and I have plans to try Lisa Jewell. We'd love to have you add to our Top 10 list https://booksofmyheart.net/2022/12/19/top-10-books-ive-read-in-2022/

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic list. Several titles are on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that you feature your favorite from each month. I haven't read any of these but they are all ones I want to read. I am glad you found so many great books this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you read some great books this year! I've read a few of these. I hadn't heard of WHEN TIME STOPPED before, but it sounds super intriguing.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very intrigued with the idea of The Librarian Spy. Very hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to read When Time Stopped. Thanks for the heads up. 📚

    ReplyDelete