Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday Fives - Books On My TBR Set in Winter


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This week I'm looking at 5 books on my TBR that are set in winter.


1.  Bookman Dead Style by Paige Shelton - I only have the 2nd book in this 3 book series left to read and this one happens to take place in the winter!


2.  Murder Most Howl by Krista Davis - I read the most recent book in the series and really enjoyed it so now I need to go back to the beginning.


3.  Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah - I haven't read anything by Kristin Hannah but have wanting to and have heard the audio on this one is really good.


4.  How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior - This one sounds really good and there aren't that many books set in Antarctica!


5.   When the Grits Hit the Fan by Maddie Day - This is another series I really want to read and this is one I'm looking forward to reading!

Do you have any books on your TBR set during the winter?

9 comments:

  1. I have picked up so many books by Kristin Hannah over the years and haven't read any of them yet. I hope that you enjoy all of these, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antartica would be an unusual setting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought How the Penguins Saved Veronica was a very fun read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these books have great covers! I listened to How the Penguins Saved Veronica but don't think I wrote a review for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound good. It's been a long time since I read a Kristin Hannah book. This one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cozies look great. I did listen to the Winter Garden a long time ago and remember being totally caught up in it, well done in the format. In recent years KH's books have got a bit too grim for me, her most recent set in the dust bowl era I didn't pick up. And of course I enjoyed Veronica and her penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kristin Hannah, but I haven't read Winter Garden. On the TBR it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these sound like fun reads. I'm taking notes for the cozy mystery challenge I'm taking part in this year. :-) I have to say though, I really like the sound of How the Penguins Saved Veronica too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have any wintery books left to read for this winter. I read the last two Kingston Cycle books and I think that was it. ❄❄❄

    ReplyDelete