Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday Fives - Five Non-Bookish Things On My Christmas List


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since we are coming up on Christmas I'm looking at 5 non-bookish things on my Christmas list.

1.  Jamby's Chilluxe Crew and Joggers - I love Jambys and while they're on the pricey side I adore every piece I have from them.  Everything is super soft and the perfect weight.  And both the long Jambys and the joggers have fantastic pockets.  

2.  A Bearaby Weighted Blanket - I love my weighted blanket and it helps me sleep especially when I have a migraine or when the nerve pain in my legs flares up.  These are supposed to be absolutely amazing but I'm not sure I can justify the price - especially since I'm not sure how much better it could be from the one I have.  


3.  A Headache Hat - This year I've been really working on getting some control over my migraines and these headache hats look amazing.  I love that it has hot and cold options and it won't slide around in any position.  This one may magically end up in my husband's Amazon cart!

4.  Linen Pillowcases - I love flannel sheets (Land's End has the best and they're always on sale!) but have discovered I like a lighter material on the pillow.  I love the feel of linen and have seen a few linen pillowcases so I think that would be the perfect gift to me from me!

5.  A good hand mixer - I go through hand mixers at a pretty good clip and have just killed my most recent one.  I love to bake and I'm leaning towards buying myself a really good hand mixer as a pre-Christmas present to myself!

What non-bookish items are on your Christmas?  Do you buy yourself presents from yourself to yourself?  Honestly - those are always kind of my favorite!

7 comments:

  1. A hand mixer is great for when you don't want to mess up that large KitchenAide mixer! I like the look of the jamby clothes and the robes would be a great gift for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do sometimes buy presents for myself from myself. It's the only time I get what I really want. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used your link and got some of those joggers for my daughter, she loves stuff like that. I have a Kitchen Aid hand mixer and it works pretty goo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about getting a weighted blanket. I wonder if I would like using one. I really need new towels. I think that would be on my non-bookish list. I do buy little things for myself--usually for my stalking since I stuff everyone's, including mine. It took way too long to realize I should take advantage of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the pillowcase has to be light and smooth. Made me chuckle about the item magically finding its way into your husband's shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how wrinkled the linen pillow cases would get? 🤔

    I got two early Christmas presents from my son and one of them was a Black and Decker hand mixer. My stick mixer finally quit after 27 years, so he knew I would need a mixer for holiday baking. It also has dough hooks and a whisk. I'm not sure how one holds on to the mixer when the dough hooks are on it. I don't think I'm that strong. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  7. A headache hat sounds promising. I used to get really bad migraines. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete