Saturday, December 22, 2018

This Week in Reading - December 23

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Honestly, I have no idea.  I feel like I got a book or two at least but I'm so discombobulated at this point I really have no idea.

Currently:

Reading:  Honestly not much and probably won't until Christmas day when everything will be done and we have a day of laziness.

Listening:  I finished up At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald which I ended up really enjoying and am now listening to Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber.

Watching:  I'm hitting the Hallmark movies hard until Christmas at least.  I've made decent progress on the Hallmark Checklist App because really there are very few things I love more than a checklist.

Off the Blog:

This weekend and tomorrow will frankly be quite the scramble.  I'm usually fairly organized but this has not been the case this year at all.  Not only was everything done last minute but there were several Christmas-y things that we usually do that just didn't happen.  The gifts are all bought except for a few last minute gift cards that will be gotten today and pretty much everything is wrapped.  We do our big celebration on Christmas Eve and on Christmas we're pretty lazy which I'm seriously looking forward to.  Later this week will be the Tornado's birthday (how is he 9?????) but that's to worry about another day.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday: Eggs on Ice - Cozy Mystery Review
Tuesday: My Favorite Christmas Books and Movies
for the rest of the week I'm not sure but there will be something!

Have a great week and happy reading!  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

19 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great Christmas!!! A lazy Christmas Day sounds pretty good- we have a family Christmas to g to on that day but the day after will be the lazy one for us haha. :)

    Happy birthday to the Tornado this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great holiday with everything you want to do around you...a lazy holiday is my favorite thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to do the main celebrating on Christmas Eve and then to have a cruisey Christmas Day. Hope it all works out well and you and your family enjoy it all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how frustrating it is to normally be orhanized but end up discombobulated. Hopefully things become more relaxed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad and I will be having a nice quiet few days just watching TV and reading with some nice food to nibble. I didn't have the chance to get any special cakes and things in which is disappointing but we'll just have to do without this year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me about it, I left my presents at a place I was staying and will have to pop back tomorrow to even HAVE presents xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeay for a lazy Christmas! Christmas is busy here but we're super chilled Christmas Eve and Boxing Day so I'm looking forward to those... It's been manic lately!

    I hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    Happy reading,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. What day is your sons birthday? My son has a birthday on the 27th, we always made sure it was not blended with Christmas. Birthday wrapping, a party...
    I finished The Flight Attendant and am thinking of reading The Moroccan Girl next. Right now we are in Destin, camping for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like Christmas was on such a weird day it totally threw everything off for me.
    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Katherine! Happy Birthday to your little guy!
    Have a great week! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy holidays and I hope you take some quality time with your family during these days. Have fun.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you on the "too busy getting ready for Christmas to read" theme! Same here... there's so much still to do. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and happy birthday in advance to the Tornado! Oh, and I'm so glad you enjoyed At the Back of the North Wind. I loved it as a child, but haven't read it in decades. Time for a reread when I get home to my bookshelves, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a lovely, lazy Christmas, Katherine - we're looking forward to having a relaxed time of it, too... And as for the Tornado being 9 - that's the same age as my grandson and I'm boggled at how fast that's come around, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a big week for you all! Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday to the Tornado :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You sure had a busy week! Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great Christmas and good reading whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope it's mostly done now and you can relax a bit and enjoy your holiday. I haven't wrapped yet. I guess that's tomorrow. I want to go to Iceland where they gift books on Christmas Eve and read them. Happy Birthday Tornado! Merry Christmas! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lazy Christmas can be so nice! It felt like it snuck up on us this year. Like it would never come and then BOOM Christmas! lol

    ReplyDelete