Thursday, December 27, 2018

Books I Might Buy Myself for Christmas


Christmas has come and gone and while it was a delightful time full of family and too much food it was decidedly lacking in new books.  So I thought I might make use of some of the recent quiet to make myself a list of books to buy as my late Christmas present to me.


1.  I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel - How can I resist that title and I've really enjoyed Bogel's podcast.  I haven't found a book about books or reading that I really loved but I have high hopes for this one.

2.  Lady on the Hill: How Biltmore Became an American Icon by Howard E Covington Jr. - We went to Biltmore years ago and I fell in love with it.  I'd love to know more about it.

3.  The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - I've been wanting to reread Gilman's books for ages and honestly I'm not 100% sure I ever read this one.

4.  What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris - I read a more recent book in this series earlier this year and really enjoyed it.  I'd like to go back to the beginning of this series.

5.  Thimble Summer by Elizabeth Enright - I adore Elizabeth Enright's books but somehow have never read this one.  I think I need this one to complete my collection.


6.  The House at Riverton by Kate Morton - I've been loving Kate Morton's books lately and this is one I haven't read yet.

7.  The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell - I've been wanting to read this one for ages and just saw a fantastic review for it over at Lark's blog which gave me a push to read it.

8.  Cress by Marissa Meyer - I read and loved the first two books in this series last year but haven't been back to it.  I'm thinking about getting it on audio because it has quite the page count.

9.  The Anatomist's Wife by Anna Lee Huber - This is another series I tried this year and really enjoyed.  And another one I want to go back to the beginning to read.

10. Artifact by Gigi Pandian - I love cozy mysteries and I love the archeological/treasure hunt aspect of the series and really need to try for the beginning.

Did you get many books for Christmas?  Any books you're thinking of treating yourself to?

9 comments:

  1. Nice idea to buy the books you really want. I did enjoy Anne B's book, its short, but we book nerds I think relish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bookish retail therapy is an excellent idea haha! I may have to do some of that too. :) The Huber books sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a big list and I'm ready to go with a gift card from my dad! I've already used it as technically they are free so not breaking the book ban!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell a little behind on my book reading for the holiday, but hoping to get back to my list for the new year because there are so many good reads out there. Isn't Biltmore beautiful? Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always buy some books I didn't get for Christmas for myself! Lovely list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read I'd Rather Be Reading, it's short but, after all the reviews and blog posts, I was a tad disappointed:( -- no review yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked The House at Riverton. Kate Morton really grabs you with the old houses and a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! I want to buy myself I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to read the Biltmore book. I've never been there, but my cousin was in some group like Friends of the Library is to libraries, but it was for the Biltmore. Two times when she came North for weddings she brought photos of projects they were working on. It was fastinating. I still hope to visit it in person someday. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete