Saturday, December 29, 2018

Nine Authors I Want to Read in 2019

I've been heavy into YouTube makeup channels this year and one tag that's going around on those is Nine Cosmetics Companies I Want to Try in 2019.  So of course I had to make a list of those but then it occurred to me how well it would translate into a bookish list.  So here are 9 authors I've been meaning to read and am finally going to make happen in 2019.

1.  Susanna Kearsley
Book I'm Going to Try - Bellewether
Reason:  There's ghosts and historical mysteries and it sounds like one I'd enjoy.

2.  Kristin Hannah
Book I'm Going to Try - Winter Garden
Reason: Because I got it on sale at Audible so it seems like a good place to start.

3.  Mary Alice Monroe
Book I'm Going to Try: The Beach House
Reason: It's listed as the first in the Beach House series AND I saw a Hallmark movie that was loosely based on the book and enjoyed it.

4.  J.D. Robb
Book I'm Going to Try:  Naked in Death
Reason:  It's the first in the series and I've heard this is one best read in order.


5. Ann Cleeves
Book I'm Going to Try: White Nights
Reason:  This is actually the 2nd in the series but the 1st doesn't really appeal to me so I thought I'd start here.

6.  Edith Maxwell/Maddie Day
Book I'm Going to Try: Flipped for Murder (Maddie Day) or A Tine To Live, A Tine To Die (Edith Maxwell)
Reason: They're both the first in a series and I own both.

7.  Jen Campbell
Book I'm Going to Try:  The Bookshop Book
Reason:  I've been wanting to read it for ages and I just read a good review for it.

8.  Joy Ellis
Book I'm Going to Try:  Crime on the Fens
Reason:  I've read tons of good reviews and I've been loving more traditional type mysteries lately.

9.  Michelle Gable
Book I'm Going to Try: A Paris Apartment
Reason:  The apartment in the title has been shut up for 70 years.  That alone is reason enough to read this book!

Have you read any of these authors?  What authors do you want to read in 2019?

15 comments:

  1. I've got a lot of new authors that I want to read next year. It's exciting to think about discovering great new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few authors I want to try in 2019 as well. It's fun when you find an author who becomes a new favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Kristin Hannah so much. I have my list, and many I've already ordered from the library, but a few I have to have on the bookshelf forever. Happy New Year and Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm surprised that I have read many of these authors and books mentioned!

    I've read Bellewether (also read Winter Sea by her, both very good), many Kristin Hannah books including Winter Garden (very good), JD Robb (I read the first two and was underwhelmed so didn't continue- I know I'm quite in the minority on this!), also the first two in the Shetland series by Ann Cleeves, both were good), and Joy Ellis-- I read the first 3 in this Fens series and enjoyed all of them.

    So there you have it; if you know what my enjoyment tastes is for reading, you can judge by that :) Hope you get to enjoy some of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting White Nights from the library soon. I read the first one, there is some character development on the police officer so I’m not sure if you need to know about him before book 2. But I can fill you in!

    Thanks for commenting about Love, Actually. By the way, which version of A Christmas Carol did you watch? Our favorite are the versions with Alistar Simms & the other has Patrick Stewart. We also watch It’s a Wonderful Life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is a cool idea for a post! The Kristin Hannah book I read was pretty good. I really disliked Jen Campbell’s short story collection. I hope The Bookshop Book is better.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter Garden on audio - I loved it. Hope you do too, nice to score it in sale. I think the in Death books do indeed to be read in order at least for awhile. They are excellent on audio, in fact that's the only way I'll read them from now on. I've read one by Kearsley and liked it and have liked anything read by Mary Alice Monroe but I too want to read The Beach House series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one I've read is Maddy Day/Edith Maxwell.

    I've got to be reading some Ann Cleeves. (I'm hooked on the Shetlands TV show based on these books.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening! !
    It is 9:30 PM on 30th Japan time now.
    It is the custom of Japan's year end.
    In the year end, we say “Yoi otoshi wo” to each other wishing for the coming
    year to be pleasurable.
    The New Year season is the most significant season for the Japanese.
    All the Christmas décor is switched to the New Year’s in a blink.
    Major New Year icons are the pine tree, bamboo, plums and so on. All of them are symbols of good fortune and longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! Kristin Hannah is awesome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great plan, Katherine! I've read several books by these authors. Enjoyed books by Joy Ellis, Ann Cleeves, J.D. Robb, Mary Alice Monroe and Kristin Hannah. Hope you have a great time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I've heard good things about Susanna Kearsley. I'd also like to read more Kristin Hannah. I really enjoyed both THE NIGHTINGALE and THE GREAT ALONE, both of which I'd recommend highly. I admit I'm a little afraid of trying Hannah's others for fear they won't live up to the two I have read. Ann Cleeves is also great. I'm in the middle of the series you mentioned and am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love ghost stories, so Belleweather sounds good. 👻

    Everyone seems to love the In Death books, no matter what their preferred genre. I'll be looking out for what you think. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the first, three authors. I have read four of Kearsley's books: The Slains duet, Shadowy Horses, and A Desperate Fortune (one I really liked).

    ReplyDelete