Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - My Ten Favorite Books in Ten Different Series


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is my Ten Favorite Books in Ten Different Series.  I read a lot of series so it was a bit of a challenge picking just ten!


1. Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish by Dorothy Gilman - I have enjoyed every book I've read in this series but I think this one was my favorite.

2.  Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery - I love all the Anne books but I think this is my favorite.  Not only is the ending absolutely wonderful but I love seeing Anne make new friends and even connect with her past a bit.

3.  Be My Ghost by Carol J. Perry - This was a case of right book at the right time and I loved everything about it - the dog, the ghosts, the inn stuffed with stuff from previous owners and previous guests, and the mystery.  I've enjoyed the rest of the books in this series but this one was a standout for me.

4.  The Case of William Smith by Patricia Wentworth - I love all the Miss Silver books but this is one I reread or want to reread the most.

5.  The Lantern's Dance by Laurie R. King - I have been reading the Mary Russell/Holmes series from the very beginning and always enjoy the books.  This most recent book was especially enjoyable and is my favorite of the series by far.


6.  The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley - I really enjoyed all the books in this series but this one was my favorite - and I have a new appreciation of my pearl jewelry.

7.  Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie - This is probably one of my very favorite Poirot books and one of my very favorite Christies overall.

8.  The Glow of Death by Jane K. Cleland - I've enjoyed this series from the beginning but this was my favorite with secret identities and all kinds of other mysteries within a mystery.

9.  Killer Research by Jenn McKinlay - This is a long running series that I've been reading from the beginning and this one was probably my favorite.

10.  God Rest Ye, Royal Gentleman by Rhys Bowen - I'm not fully caught up on this series but I've read most of them and this countryhouse style murder mystery involving a very royal suspect or two has been my favorite.

What are some of your favorite books in different series?


11 comments:

  1. I love Jenn McKinlay. Love seeing your picks. Happy reading. Have a beautiful day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to like the last book in a series the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a series and it's exciting for me to discover a series with lots of books I have not yet read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've only read the Dorothy Gillman and Agatha Christie ones.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed that you could come up with one favorite Agatha Christie. I could easily do a list of ten favorite books by her. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I take enough notice of a book in a series but I guess if I sat down and thought about it I could. The Perry, Bowen and Riley books are all ones I remember with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll always love ANNE OF GREEN GABLES best, but I've seen ANNE OF THE ISLAND on numerous lists today so you're definitely not alone!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great list. I have to get back to the Carol Perry series. I only read the first one which I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try Dorothy Gilman. Fantastic list. I've tried and loved a few.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love some of the same series, but with different favorite entries. I did really enjoy The Lantern's Dance, but I think my favorites in that series are still The Beekeeper's Apprentice, Justice Hall, and Locked Rooms. Maybe The Game, too. My favorite Mrs. Pollifax books are the first five (or if I restrain myself, The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax), but Whirling Dervish does have some wonderful scenes. And I love Anne of the Island... but Anne of Green Gables and Anne's House of Dreams are tied for my favorites.

    Some of the other series you mention are a lot of fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister is sixteen years younger than me, and when she was twelve she came to live with me. We used to sit on the couch before her bedtime and we would read to each other. We read the first three Anne books, and I don't know why we re-read Anne of Green Gables instead of continuing on. Maybe I didn't know there were more? 🤔 We didn't re-read the next two. I don't know the why about that either. 😏 I re-read the first book again a few years back for a group read-a-long, and had intended to keep going, but I didn't. I need to read them all. I loved the first three. For some reason I think my sister has read them all. 😊

    ReplyDelete