Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Book Characters Who Have Jobs I Would Love to Have

Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Bookish Jobs I Would Do For Free.  I couldn't really think of anything that fit that category so I decided to list ten jobs that book characters have that I would love to do.  I'm sticking to fairly recent reads.  


1.  Librarian - Sayuri Komachi from What You Are Looking For Is in the Library by Michiko Aoyami - Sayuri Komachi comes up with exactly the books that people need to read to start them on the journey of self reflection.  

2.  Antiques Appraiser - Sasha from the Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery series by Jane K. Cleland -  Josie Prescott has to run the antiques business which I don't really want to do but Sasha gets to fall down various rabbit holes researching all kinds of antiques.  

3.  Crime Fighter Extradordinaire - Angela from the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham - I love all the paranormal crime fighting but I really would want Angela's job.  She's not normally in the field but instead is able to locate just about anything when it comes to the online world.

4.  Bookstore Manager - Shelby Cox from the Castle Bookshop Mystery series by Essie Lang - Just like I wouldn't want to own the antique business in #2 I also wouldn't want to own a bookstore.  I WOULD, however, like to manage one and hang out in one all day.

5.  Baker - Harper from The Sweetheart List by Jill Shalvis - I love baking and I really love that Harper uses recipes that are important to her.  


6.  Researcher - Cybil from The Sign of Seven Trilogy by Nora Roberts - Cybil can find anything online which absolutely fascinates me.

7.  Jeweler - Meg from Into the Darkness by Barbara Michaels - I'm not sure Meg is actually a jeweler but she does know a lot about jewelry and gems and that sounds really interesting.

8.  Vintage Shop Owner - Phoebe Sanders from A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff  - I love vintage clothes and getting to find them and research them sounds really interesting.

9.  Paranormal Research Librarian - Prudence Ryland by The Bride Wore White by Amanda Quick - If you can't tell researching really appeals to me and through in Prudence's interest in the paranormal and that seems doubly appealing.

10. Historian - Jaya Jones from Jaya Jones' Treasure Hunt Mysteries by Gigi Panidan - Jaya is like Indiana Jones without a fear of snakes and with slightly better luck.

What jobs from books appeal to you?

9 comments:

  1. I'm reading What You Are Looking For Is in the Library right now, and I agree---I think this would be a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Sweetheart List and being able to bake like Harper would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun list! I haven't read any of these but a few are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to do all except for #'s 7,9, &10,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a librarian or bookshop manager for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list, Katherine. Many have books in common--something it's always good to be around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any of those research jobs would be fun for me as well. I'm an expert at going down rabbit holes! LOL

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know as much about gems as Meg does in Into the Darkness! And Paranormal Research Librarian sounds totally cool, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love the be any and all of these. 😃

    I did help with research in my last job and I loved it. 🤗

    ReplyDelete