Thursday, October 26, 2023

Books from the Backlog - Them Bones


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Them Bones by Carolyn Haines

Blurb:  No self-respecting lady would allow herself to end up in Sarah Booth's situation. Unwed, unemployed, and over thirty, she's flat broke and about to lose the family plantation. Not to mention being haunted by the ghost of her great-great-grandmother's nanny, who never misses an opportunity to remind her of her sorry state--or to suggest a plan of action, like ransoming her friend's prize pooch to raise some cash.
But soon Sarah Booth's walk on the criminal side leads her deeper into unladylike territory, and she's hired to solve a murder. Did gorgeous, landed Hamilton Garrett V really kill his mother twenty years ago? And if so, what is Sarah Booth doing falling for this possible murderer? When she asks one too many questions and a new corpse turns up, she is suddenly a suspect herself...and Sarah Booth finds that digging up the bones of the past could leave her rolling over in her grave.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I've been lowkey collecting this series for awhile and I really should start reading it.  It looks like it could be a really fun read - and if it's not then I can clear the series off my shelf!

5 comments:

  1. I read this series a long time ago and enjoyed it. I got off track after a couple and never finished the series. Or maybe there were only a few and I didn't get to the new releases?

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many books in this series do you have that you haven't read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a series I've been eyeing. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this one is new to me but I love the sound of it. I hope that you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover definitely screams spooky season. 💀

    ReplyDelete