Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday Fives - Spooky Nonfiction Books on My TBR

 
I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. Since we are right in the middle of spooky season I'm looking at 5 spooky books on my TBR but to be a bit different I'm looking at nonfiction books.  


1.  I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara - The Golden State Serial Killer was one of the most nightmarish cold cases and going down the rabbit hole with the author sounds like it would have me double checking the locks.  


2.  The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret by Catherine Bailey - How can I resist that title?


3.  The Case of the Murderous Dr. Cream: The Hunt for a Victorian Era Serial Killer by Dean Jobb - I'm not a big true crime reader but historical crime fascinates me and this isn't a case I'm familiar with.


4.  The League of Lady Poisoners by Lisa Perrin - There's something so creepy about poisonings and this covers a lot of poisoners!


5.  The Art of the English Murder by Lucy Worsley -  This may not be the creepiest book but I love the atmospheric cover and this is an author I've been meaning to read.


What nonfiction books have you read that are creepy?

4 comments:

  1. All of these sound really good! I can feel my TBR list getting longer as I type. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and nonfiction! These sound like ones to try.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sound spooky, my choice would be Secret Rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound like they will be good ones. The League of Lady Poisoners and The Secret Rooms both sound especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete