Saturday, December 21, 2019

This Week in Reading - December 22

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  Or at least I don't think I got anything.  We're out of town again so I don't now what I've gotten in the mail but as far as purchases or ebooks I've been good.

Currently:

Reading:  Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels because I'm feeling like a little bit of a reread!

Listening:  Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Watching: I finally caught up on The Voice.  It was a nice finale because I really felt like I'd be happy no matter who won.  

Off the Blog:

We are about to head home from New Orleans to be home for Christmas and then it will be up to Gatlinburg for the Tornado's birthday and then probably back to New Orleans.  I'm not sure what exactly 2020 will bring.  My husband's work (he's an aerospace engineer) has had him in the New Orleans area for the end of 2019 and we've been fortunate enough to be able to go with him.  Now we're looking at 3 possibilities.  1. Business travel will end and we will stick to our rather heavy vacation schedule.  2.  Business travel will continue and J will be in New Orleans on and off for the foreseeable future and the Tornado and I will be splitting our time which will mean mostly living in a hotel and lots of back and forth.  or 3.  We will be relocated for 6 months or so which means we will end up in an apartment or rental house and our home base will New Orleans for awhile.  Most likely we won't know until the last minute.  Personally I'm hoping for 1 or 3 as 2 means a lot of back and forth and chaos but all choices have lots of good things about them and I'm going to be positive no matter how crazy things get.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Christmas Events We've Done This Year
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Hope to Find Under the Tree
Wednesday: Merry Christmas
Thursday:  Books From the Backlog
Friday:  Friday Fives - Reading Goals for 2020
Saturday:  Five Non Bookish Items I Fell in Love with in 2019

Have a great week and happy reading!

15 comments:

  1. Oh you have a lot of decisions to make, all the best for that. Just as well you are home schooling as the travel doesn't affect schools. Nice to be doing a reread, I hope 2020 will be more of that for me. I am going to begin the year off in fact with a reread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a hard decision. But good for you to keep looking at everything positively.
    I hope you'll have a great Christmas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll get option 1 or 3, Katherine! Number 2 sounds exhausting even if it's doable.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and happy reading.
    Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of hard decisions to make but you've put a positive spin on it so thats all very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge respect to you! I think you are absolutely right to look for the positives within your current situation, though I'm a aware that is FAR easier said than done. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, hopefully with plenty of books in your Christmas stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the work/living arrangements resolve in your favour!

    Wishing you a great reading week, and a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the decision is made soon as what I hate is not knowing. I want to plan and figure out the best way to handle things.

    Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful holiday no matter what, with family, relaxing, great books and delicious food!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the travel, however things go. Sounds like you are making the most of it. It can be hard though not knowing which way things are going to go!

    Hoping you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a hard decision. I hope you are able to find something that works for all of you.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you’ve got a lot of choices to make. I hope you find something that makes everyone happy. Have a great Christmas!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it sounds like you are going to have some pretty big changes in 2020. It sounds like there would be good things with any one of the options. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like 2020 is going to be an exciting one for you and your family. Best wishes that it all turns out well. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It certainly has been busy for you all with all the travel! It sounds like that is going to continue for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new year is going to be busy and exciting for you all. New Orleans is such a fun place with so much to see and do. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What options; it's a good thing you were changing to homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete