Monday, December 30, 2019

My Least Favorite Books I Read in 2019

Today I'm looking at my least favorite books I read in 2019.  I'm not worrying about publications date or anything but just focusing on my reading for this year specifically.  I'm also not saying all of these are bad books.  I enjoyed quite a lot of them but compared to everything else I read in 2019 these were my least favorite.


1.  Gilt by Association by Karen Rose Smith - This was an okay cozy mystery that I felt got way too bogged down in details and after awhile I just didn't care anymore.

2.  Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson - I adore Disney World and we visit at least once a year so I had super high hopes for this one but ended up DNFing it.  The story was a bit disjointed and it just seemed really negative.

3.  Ten Years a Nomad by Matthew Kepnes - I love travel memoirs but this did not bring up any feelings of joy.  Instead I was somewhat bored and developed a dislike for the author by the end.


4.  The Parting Glass by Emilie Richards - I enjoyed this one but I just didn't feel like it aged all that well.

5.  False Mermaid by Erin Hart - I remember loving the first 2 books in this series years ago.  I don't know if my tastes have changed or if this one was just off.  It was okay but the unrelenting gloom all through the book got to be a bit much.

6.  Flowerbed of State by Dorothy St. James - This was a fun cozy about a woman who works in the landscaping department of the White House.  The mystery was good, the concept is interesting, but the main character had zero common sense which got a bit interesting.

7.  Untraceable by Lauren Griffin - I've loved more recent books in this series but this first one had some aspects that drove me crazy.  I just had problems believing a woman who ran even a vaguely successful business could add so immature.

What were your least favorite books of 2019?

8 comments:

  1. I've already done my list of books that disappointed me this year and there were quite a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love UNTRACEABLE either. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a shame when a book doesn't work out. Gilt By Association I do like the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these...but hopefully all your books in the New Year will be engaging. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, I read Untraceable and wasn't that wrapped in it. I found The Parting Glass okay but those books I think there were two I didn't really go head over heels in love with. I am working on trying to cut down on books that are just okay but it means really noticing and noting why a book didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these. I really only had one book that earned less than a 3 on my rating scale in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to do a least favorites list. Ha ha. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought to do a least favorites - I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete