Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - My Winter TBR Pile

Today's topic from The Broke and The Bookish is the Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR Pile.

For the Fall TBR Pile I'd given up on reading TBR books and was just going to read review books in a fort made out of my TBR books as they've outgrown the bookcases and just about everything else.  For winter it looks like I'll still be in my book fort BUT my review books are starting to slowly get under control!  Maybe spring will involve reading some actual TBRs?

I'm keeping the books that were on my Fall TBR but am adding in some new ones as well.

Overdue:
1. Empire Girls by Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan - It's New York in the 20s with a family mystery.  Cannot resist it!  Except obviously I can since it came out in May and was on my Fall TBR and yet I still haven't read it!

2. Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson - basically ditto to #1 except instead of New York in the 20s it's an old house in France.

3. Always on My Mind by Belle Andre - This is another book that's been on my TBR since the Fall and this is an author I'm really wanting to read.

4.  The Hexed by Heather Graham -  So I didn't do so well with the overdue Fall TBR because this is another book that's a hold over.  I loved The Cursed and am looking forward to this and the next book The Betrayed

5.  So We Read On by Maureen Corrigan - This is a new book on the list.  I was really excited when I got this book about what made The Great Gatsby a classic and I am really looking forward to reading it.








Coming Up:
6.  Hardcastle's Quartet by Graham Ison - this is the only holdover from the Fall list but since it only came out earlier this month I'm not too worried about it.  This historical mystery looks like a great read!

7.  Murder at the Book Group by Maggie King - A cozy mystery set around a book club.  2 of my favorite things in one book!

8.  A 50 Year Silence by Miranda Richmond Mouillot -  this is a memoir about a woman trying to solve the mystery of her grandparents' marriage an desperation.

9.  Dreaming Spies by Laurie R. King -  King is one if my favorite authors so I'm really looking forward to this visit to Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell.

10. Finding Hope by Stacy Finz - I loved the first one in this series and spent the whole book hoping the 2nd book would be about Clay.  So I was thrilled to see Clay's book was being published in January.

These are the books I'm looking forward to reading this winter.  Do you have a list you're hoping to get to?




32 comments:

  1. The never ending review TBR. It is an actual problem/addiction. Guh!
    I always set myself up to fail with TBR's. Doesn't matter what it includes, I just feel like I'm forcing myself.
    Anyhow, I've not heard any of those books you've got on your TBR. I wish you good luck! I hope you can kill your review TBR.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally good about lists but if I'm too strict I end up hitting a serious rut. I have high hopes that I will get this list completed by spring!

      Delete
  2. I've been getting into the Bella Andre books lately. I have Always on My Mind at home, but I haven't read that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard nothing but raves about Andre. I'm really looking forward to trying her books!

      Delete
  3. Empire Girls and chateau of Secrets both sound good- I've been enjoying books set in the 30's or thereabouts and the 20's would be fun too. And Murder at the Book Group- that does sound like a fun cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to Murder at the Book Group! I have a weakness for settings in the 20s so I'm hoping Empire Girls lives up to my expectations.

      Delete
  4. I so want to read that Laurie King series! I'm afraid once I start though that I'll ignore everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Laurie King series! At least in the beginning she doesn't use cliffhangers so you don't get too hooked!

      Delete
  5. So many of these look interesting! I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to reading these!

      Delete
  6. Oooo so many I've never heard of. Bella is one I need to add to my list too. I have got to get caught up with hers :)

    And goodness every time I visit here my first thought when I click your blog title in my feed is...me too, me too. lol Every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we keep collecting books we basically will be living in libraries! I'm really looking forward to trying Belle's books. I've heard great things about them!

      Delete
  7. Great choices! I want to read Empire Girls and So We Read On. Murder at the Book Group sounds fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to those 3! I'm looking forward to So We Read On especially!

      Delete
  8. I am sad to say I have never read/heard of any of these books! That is why I love book blogs so much, SO many new recommendations! NOT that I need to add to my already HUGE TBR! =)
    Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do have a list but some of your suggestions here really grab me. I like the sound of Hardcastle's Quartet. I found a reading challenge for 2015, the What's In a Name challenge. There are a bunch of books I found for that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wanting to do some of the name and title challenges next year. I'm really looking forward to Hardcastle. I haven't read many historical mysteries.

      Delete
  10. Empire Girls and Chateau of Secrets are both on my TBR piles but didn't make it on my List this week, they both look wonderful though :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping to get to those 2 soon. They've been being ignored for far to long!

      Delete
  11. Omigosh, I know exactly what you mean about the review TBR vs. the want-to-read TBR. I am making a vow to myself for the first few months of 2015: that I won't request or accept review books unless they are books that I would otherwise purchase or get from the library anyway. In other words, I'm going to try to get back to mostly reading what I choose to read, once I get my backlog under control. That's going to be tough; I've got the Netflix impulse-request thing down pat, but I'll have to learn to curb my impulses better!

    Dreaming Spies, of course, falls in the gotta-read-it-no-matter-what category! I'm not familiar with your other books, except the Bella Andre, which was fun. (Given the resolve I just stated, I'm not going to go look them up, either, for fear of adding them to my TBR list.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! This is a dangerous topic for the TBR! I agree about being choosier with review books. I'm trying to set a limit for books published per month.

      Delete
  12. Empire Girls is one I think I'll now have to add to my TBR list :) I love the 20s period, so anything set at that time is likely to be something I'll want to read. And Murder at the Book Group sounds a must for any reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to Empire Girls! Murder at the Book Group looks really great too. So many books I want to read!

      Delete
  13. I haven't read any of Belle Andre's books yet but I'd like to, one day. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've heard anything but raves for Andre's books. I have no idea why I keep stalling on reading her!

      Delete
  14. The Hexed is still in my TBR pile too; maybe we should do a read-a-long! I have Murder at the Book Group, will be tackling that soon as I have to turn in my review for it.

    I hope you make enough progress on your review TBR pile that you can tackle your for fun TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A read along would be fun! I have The Betrayed too which I haven't gotten to either! The good thing is for the most part all I have out books I want to read. But I do actually need to read them!

      Delete
  15. I have quite a few Belle Andre books on my Kindle. I've been looking forward to reading them when I get some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading her books!

      Delete
  16. I have Stacy Finz on my list. Now you have me adding more..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first Stacy Finz and I really hope the 2nd book lives up to it. Hope you love them!

      Delete