Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Linkups: The Big Four













It's Friday and I love linking up with Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings on Friday hosted by Rose City Reader and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice.

This Week's Question:
Do you visit the same blogs each week or do you branch out and try to find new blogs?

My Answer:
A little of both.  I have a pretty hefty list of blogs I follow on Bloglovin' and I try to keep up with those at least weekly though preferably daily.  I do try to visit every blog that linkups with memes that I participate with.  I also notice regular commenters on some of my favorite blogs and will sometimes go check out their blogs if their comment grabs my interest.

This week's book is The Big Four by Agatha Christie.  This is one of her international intrigue mysteries and one of the better ones.  To be honest, I prefer the straight up murder mysteries which is probably why I prefer Marple as a detective.  She doesn't do too much intrigue.

The Beginning:
"I have met people who enjoy a channel crossing; men who can sit calmly in their deck-chairs and, on arrival, wait until the boat is moored, then gather their belongings together without fuss and disembark.  Personally, I can never manage this."

The 56 (from my paperback):
"It is more serious than that, madame" said Poirot watching her.  "I propose to enter the villa next door, and release M. Halliday, if he is still alive.  I know everything you see."

I saw her sudden pallor. She bit her lip.  Then she spoke with her usual decision.

So what do you think?  Keep reading?

21 comments:

  1. I do try try to branch out and try a new blog or two every week. I usually find them. like you, by seeing who else comments on the blogs I visit. :)

    I can relate to the opening of this book; I can't quite manage it either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this one sounds good...and I am curious about a character who can be so calm about disembarking.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “CANCEL THE WEDDING”


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed this one even though it's not one of my favorites

      Delete
  3. My answer is very similar. I have the regular blogs that I visit each day, but I also like discovering new ones as well.
    Happy Friday!
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely fun to find new blogs and new books!

      Delete
  4. I visit all the blogs in the memes I participate in, and I love finding new blogs too.

    I usually find new blogs in the comments on my frequently visited blogs.

    ENJOY your weekend, and Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely look at the comments. I've found some of my favorite blogs that way!

      Delete
  5. Love Agatha Christie.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloglovin really is useful to check new blogs. Your book beginning is interesting babe ♥

    BookBloggerHop@EverythingNyze
    BookBeginning@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often glance at blogrolls on my favourite blogs to see what catches my eyes. And like you interesting comments catch my eye too and make me visit. I always like finding new blogs, it keeps me on my toes and inspires me :)
    Love the sound of that AC book, adding it on GR now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot about blog rolls! I always check those out. I love Agatha though her spy books aren't my favorite

      Delete
  8. I have found so many wonderful bloggers by seeing an interesting comment on one of my regular daily visits and visiting their blog. You can never go wrong with Aggie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would keep reading, it looks like a good mystery. I would probably like the murder mystery element more than the intrigue as well, but this one looks interesting.

    The nice thing about memes is it is easy to find new blogs that way. I've found quite a few new ones just through comments or blogrolls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memes are definitely a great way to find new blogs! I definitely prefer her murder mysteries but this is a good one.

      Delete
  10. Oh man, the Bloglovin' list.... So many great blogs out there and not even time in a day let alone a week to keep up with them all. But like you, there are ones(like yours :)) that I try to visit daily.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete