Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday Fives - Five Books I'd Buy If I Found Them In A Used Bookstore

 


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Today I am getting my 2nd vaccine!  Given that our son is in active Leukemia treatment and has a repressed immune system our lives won't be changing hugely but I am planning on treating myself to a used bookstore trip.  Especially since the 2 week full immunity guideline just happens to fall on the same week as my birthday!  Here are 5 books (or series) that I will scoop up without hesitation if I happen to stumble on them while meandering the shelves!


1.  Any of the Gaslight Mysteries by Victoria Thompson - I'm just finished the most recent book in this series and every time I read one I remember just how much I enjoy it.  Somehow, though, I've never read the older books and a bit of a shopping binge would help fix that!


2.  Anything by Jenny Colgan - I've read a number of books by Jenny Colgan and have really enjoyed every single one of them so if I find one I haven't read I will be scooping it up!


3.  The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths - This book has been on my TBR since it came out and I'm leaning towards getting it on audio but if I happened to see it in the store I don't think I could resist it.


4.  Murder Can Mess Up Your Masterpiece by Rose Pressey - I heard a cozy mystery YouTuber talking about this book and it sounds like so much fun that I'll be looking forward to it.


5.  Anything by Dorothy Gilman - I'm working on collecting the Dorothy Gilman books so I'll be taking a look to see if they have anything that I haven't already found.  

And of course I'll probably get a ton of books that aren't on my list but that's the fun of a used bookstore visit!  Do you have a favorite used bookstore?  Do you stick to a list or do you just grab anything that catches your interest?  

10 comments:

  1. I am dangerous in a used bookstore. We have a couple of Half Price Books near my house and I sometime like to go browse the shelves (especially the clearance section). I definitely would pick up Murder Can Mess Up Your Masterpiece if I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all make me curious and, I actually have the Elly G ebook but have not read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There! They used to have a really nice used bookstore around the corner from where I lived, but it closed down, so I have to drive about 45 minutes to get to one these days. I hope to be able to do that soon because I used to walk out of there with literally bags and bags, and bags of goodies.(lol) Happy Friyay! RO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't resist a second hand bookshop. We have two in our little seaside town and I try to only visit over holidays. Otherwise I'll never get anything done. I love browsing in them, but I believe it is to your advantage to have an idea of what you are looking for. Like you do!

    Have a good weekend Katherine and I hope you have a nice book to read.

    Lots of love,

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crazy about used book stores. Half Price Books is my favorite. I have missed going to this bookstore over the last year. I will return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hardly go into a used bookstore, mind you not any near by so I guess that's why. Sometimes I've used online ones though. Hope you get to enjoy going once your vaccine immunity kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love used bookstores so much, and there are so few left around here, it's sad! Happy hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The used bookstore experience is so much fun. I always go in with a list but buy other books ... just because! I’ll be on the lookout for these books for you in Tallahassee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday in advance! 🎂 I hope you find some great books. 📚📚📚

    ReplyDelete