Saturday, February 16, 2019

This Week in Reading - February 17

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Broken Bone China by Laura Childs -I've really enjoyed this cozy mystery series set in Charleston, SC in a tea shop and couldn't resist this newest book.  Plus I love the tea party look of the cover!  (Publisher)

Currently:

Reading:  Echoes of Evil by Heather Graham and I'm beginning to see why it's getting mixed reviews and Past Due for Murder by Victoria Gilbert

Listening:  I'm finishing up The Secret Sister by Jayne Ann Krentz and am going to give The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware another chance

Watching:  I overdosed a bit on true crime so I've watching Finding Your Roots on PBS and might start some Hallmark Mysteries soon.  

Off the Blog:

I've had a bit of insomnia the past week which is annoying as I've been exhausted and could really use the sleep.  Why is it that when you're trying to sleep your brain starts replaying the most unhelpful stuff?  I've been getting the scariest moments of The Haunting of Hill House on repeat at 1AM.   We watched the show almost two months ago but for some reason I'm reliving the whole Bent Neck Woman scene on repeat.  I guess it's better than all the embarrassing moments from high school but not by much.  Does anyone else do this?  Just me?

It's a 3 day weekend for us and I'm so looking forward to sleeping later tomorrow.  It's been a fairly rainy weekend and J has to go to work so I'm thinking the Tornado and I are going to have a seriously low key day.  I've been working on cleaning out the room that was once Emma's and then turned into a storage room but eventually is going to be my reading room and office.  There's so much work to be done but I've got the office part somewhat usable and I've been really enjoying it and just the possibilities.  It's going to be really fun when I get to the filling bookcases and decorating part.  I'm already having a good time thinking about it and it's months off.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Ramblings from the Stacks - Reading from the Backlog
Tuesday:  Books I LOVED with Fewer Than 2,000 Ratings on Goodreads
Wednesday: Classic Movie Time 
Thursday: TBD
Friday:  The Friday Five 
Saturday: TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

16 comments:

  1. That's partly why I'm afraid to watch Hill House haha! I'm afraid it will freak me out!

    Enjoy the three day weekend! I love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain tends to obsess and worry about upcoming events rather than things I watch on TV! I do think a lot about past grudges though which I can't seem to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insomnia is not good... You are not alone in replaying the embarrassing stuff from years ago on repeat either, lol. I hope it passes quickly and you enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never finished watching Hill House as I was bored but need to try again. I don't dream about things I have watched as my mind makes it's own things up which can be rather odd...lol.

    Enjoy your new read, we both did good this week!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do that replay thing always. I am currently reliving the horrors from Netflix's Sabrina, even though it was not as scary as the Haunting hill series. I hope you get your sleep tomorrow.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to watch Haunting of Hill so bad but we can't find the time to do it. I have other reasons I wake at night, it shifts me into a panic attack, it's been really annoying. Most of it is because I am OCD. Although lately my dreams have been wacky and I usually wake up like what the heck was that. I need to start writing them down. lol

    I hope you have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate those occasional bouts of insomnia. I occasionally have a audio book under my pillow and find if I just listen to one chapter I'm off to lala land again. I like the Play Aways from the library for this reason. Always ready to listen and turn on in the dark LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry but I laughed at your comment about Hill House on repeat. I've had a similar thing happen, not about that show, and it is nerve wracking. I hope one of your new reads will give you happier dreams:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Secret Sisters...and The Death of Mrs. Westaway. I am ogling the Laura Childs cozy...and also want to sit down and have tea on that cover.

    Enjoy your books and your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of the Laura Childs book, its gorgeous. Insomnia is horrible, do hope it passes. You are burning through the audiobooks these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cover of the cozy - those hot air balloons!
    Hope the insomnia goes away. Been there. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are enjoying Past Due For Murder. I have that one on my TBR pile. I hope you are able to get some sleep. I haven't had insomnia as of late (although I know it all too well), but I seem to be having a number of disturbing dreams. I must be really stressed out, although I don't particularly feel like I am when I'm awake . . . I really need to devote some time to cleaning, but I know Mouse will have other plans for our shared day off tomorrow. I do better when I can clean in an empty house. I hope you have a great week, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm working on the Heather Graham books on audio, because I love Luke Daniels. I'm currently on some which I have to try to get through Interlibrary loan or buy them to get audio versions.

    I haven't been having insomnia but bad reader habits where I stay up too late reading and then I've messed up m schedule and I'm tired all the time. I hope you enjoyed your long weekend. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am excited for your reading room! You should start a monthly feature about it with photos. 📚✨

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, an office/reading room all to yourself sounds SO FUN! Good luck with that project. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too hate it when my brain is active and needs to sleep. I slept so-so last night but that was due to being a bit dehydrated. That is so cool to have a reading room for yourself. I'm still waiting for the teenager to graduate and go off to college.

    ReplyDelete