Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Romances I Want to Read in 2019

In honor of Valentine's Day I'm focusing on romances.  In the last few years while I still read romance it's definitely taken a bit of a backseat to mysteries and thrillers.  Here are a few that have been gathering dust on my TBR that I'm still looking forward to reading.  


1.  Starlight Bridge by Debbie Mason - Debbie Mason is an author I've been wanting to read - all of her covers are so pretty!  This one involves an old house and secrets which are some of my favorite things.

2.  Sail Away with Me by Susan Fox - I don't know much about this one but the cover grabbed me and it sounds like a fun read.

3.  The Pleasure of Passion by Sabrina Jeffries - Sabrina Jeffries is one of my absolute favorite historical romance authors and for some reason this one is sitting around unread.

4.  Deadly Fate by Heather Graham - I love Graham's Krewe of Hunters series and while this trilogy isn't the strongest it does feature ghosts which is my favorite thing.

5.  Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis - Shalvis is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors and the Lucky Harbors series is one of my absolute favorites but I never read this start to the trilogy she wrote afterwards.


6.  The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick - I love historical romances and this one is set in the 1930s which really appeals to me.  Plus I do love romantic suspense and Jayne Ann Kretnz/Amanda Quick is one of my favorites.

7.  Wilde in Love (The Wildes Lindow Castle #1) by Eloisa James - James is an author I always mean to read more of but somehow never have.  I don't know much about this series but it seems like a good place to stop.

8.  Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas - Devil in Winter is one of my absolute favorite romances and this is about the child of that couple.  It went immediately on my TBR as soon as I first heard it was being published but somehow I still haven't gotten around to it.

9.  The Trouble with Dukes by Grace Burrowes - I know very little about this author or this series but I need to find some new historical romance authors and this book looks like a good place to start.

10. About a Dog by Jenn McKinlay - McKinlay writes some of my favorite cozy mysteries and I read one of the more recent books in this romance series and absolutely loved it.  This looks like a lot of fun.

Do you have any romances sitting on your TBR?

4 comments:

  1. This list is fantastic. I have been wanting to read Jill Shalvis. I have a few romance authors I want to get to this year but There are just so many books! lol Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to read and enjoy most of them by the end of the year. Perfect time to celebrate romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big romance reader (I prefer it as a subplot, not a main plot), but some of these sounds like books I'd like. I hope you're able to get to them this year.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete