Saturday, February 29, 2020

What I've Been Eating This Week


I've gotten into the habit of not cooking and it's definitely a habit I want to break both for the sake of my budget and my waistline.  I'm trying to give myself a bit of accountability by occasionally posting just what I actually cooked this week.  This week I did stick to relatively simple things but I managed to cook every weeknight AND made a bonus snack.  There was salad with most of these so vegetables did show up occasionally.

Monday - Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches (oven grilled chicken coated in barbecue sauce and topped with cheese and bacon)

Tuesday - Fajitas - or at least our version.  I use this recipe for the tortillas, fajita seasoning from The Spice House which is my favorite, cheddar, salsa, and sour cream.  This is the Tornado's favorite meal so we have it a pretty good bit.

Wednesday:  Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast (I'm not so sure why this is supposedly from Mississippi but it's delicious) and mashed potatoes

Thursday:  Leftover Pot Roast Sandwiches -  luckily there was plenty of pot roast left because I had a horrible headache Thursday night but was still able to have something to eat that wasn't delivery.

Friday:  Cornish Pasties - these are a favorite around here.  I do use store bought pastry (pie crust and I are not friends) and add a bit of onion but other then that I stick pretty much with this recipe and it's amazingly easy.

Bonus:  Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites I wanted a snack that was filling and a bit healthy but still tasty and easy to grab.  These were good and pretty easy buy I'm not sure I'll make them again.  The peanut butter taste kind of overtook everything else and while I'll finish the batch I'm not sure I'll make them again.

What did you eat this week?

5 comments:

  1. I've started buying cheap tinned veg to use for homemade soup and I plan to branch out into more stir fry, casseroles and maybe things like baking my own bread. I'm also learning how to make hand sanitiser as those online are profiteering from the pandemic and I refuse to pay the prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! When I read the name of the first food I thought "I want to make that". Then I said it every time I looked at the next food. They all sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make pie crust from scratch before Baz was born, but the first holiday season when he was a baby, I used store bought refrigerated dough because I was exhausted. I have used it ever since because honestly there isn't that much difference and you can count on it being okay every time. Ha ha. 🍰

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great start with your healthy eating plan. I’m going to have to try those fajitas. I’m happy to say we ate all meals at ho ethers past three days. I e been making soups and casseroles and bread. Trying new recipes too. It’s so easy to get lunch out when you need to go out and run errands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds yummy. I've only been eating jello, pudding, pureed soup mixed with shredded cheese, and Ensure of late b/c of last Friday's oral surgery.

    ReplyDelete