Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday Fives - Disney Movies We've Watched in 2020

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Between a visit to Disney World and a Disney + subscription paired with staying in hotels A LOT we have been going through the Disney movies.  Here are 5 we've watched so far this year.  All versions listed are the animated version.  I cannot get behind the live action ones.  There will be a part two of this at some point because we have watched A LOT of Disney movies this year.


1.  The Princess and the Frog - This was on my must watch list because the resort we stayed at this trip was basically Tiana's resort and we were staying in a Royal room which has a lot of movie Easter eggs hidden about.  Throw in the fact that we've spent more then half our time in New Orleans since November and it moved way up the list.  It was lots of fun and received high marks.


2.  Alice in Wonderland - I had watched this years and years ago and remember it being a bit crazy but I think I had forgotten just how nonsensical it was.  We enjoyed it but it broke my very logical 10 year old's brain for a bit.  He did like the Cheshire Cat though.


3.  Aladdin - Between the tiger, the monkey, and the genie this one received high marks.  It got bonus points for having a plot (we watched this the day after we watched Alice).  I was surprised to realize that I had never seen the whole thing before.  It came out when I was 12 and I was emphatically "too cool for anything interesting" and then I guess I never made up for that.



4.  Beauty and the Beast - This wasn't enjoyed quite as much as Aladdin but the dog/ottoman helped save the day.  It was also fun because we've eaten at the Be Our Guest in Disney World which is very closely themed to the movie and uses some animation from the movie for the "view" outside the window.


5.  101 Dalmatians - This is one of the few movies that I feel that the live action version is acceptable and that's because how can that many puppies not be acceptable?  I just recently read the book and I was surprised by how closely the movie follows it.  It was a lot of fun.

What Disney movies have you watched regularly?  Or movies in general?

8 comments:

  1. I love Disney movies! I've never seen 101 Dalmatians though so I need to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Disney movie and have watched the Aladdin one with Robin Williams though as the genie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Princess and the Frog. Actually of these I've only seen Beauty & the Beast and Dalmatians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch many Disney films but The Jungle Book has been a favourite since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Emperors New Groove quite frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the live action version of 101 Dalmations; Glenn Close was fantastic. I can't recall if I've seen the animated version, hmmm. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are there two 101 Dalmatian animated movies? I think I'm recalling a new one came out when my son was born in the early '90s. 🎫

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are good ones. We haven't watched a Disney movie for some time. Probably the last one, before the Disney channel came out on Roku, was the second Mary Poppins movie.

    ReplyDelete