Saturday, February 1, 2020

January Reading Summary


Number of Books Read:  11
6 Print Books
3 eBooks
2 Audio Books

4 Review Books
4 Library Books
3 Books I Already Owned
2 Rereads


Favorite Book: I read so many good books this month but if I absolutely had to pick a favorite that isn't a reread it'd be Careless Whiskers by Miranda James.  It was just a delight.  Counting rereads it would probably be Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie.

Least Favorite Book:  Fatal Root by Sheila Connolly.  I love her other books but this one just didn't work for me.

Books That I'm Still Reading: 4


A Field Guide to Homicide by Lynn Cahoon
Claw Enforcement by Sofie Ryan (Almost done)
A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn (audio - about halfway done)
The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo (reading aloud to the Torndo)

Goals for Next Month:  Read some more books off my shelves.  Also, last year I tried to read a book that started with a letter of the alphabet and a book set in each of the 50 states.  I missed a few on both and I'd like to try and read a book from one of the letters or states that I missed.

How was your January reading?  What are you hoping for in February?

9 comments:

  1. January started well and ended well enough but the bit in the middle wasn't so good! I'm having trouble concentrating beyond the short story at the moment so I hope that passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting so much reading done! January was not a great reading month for me, but I did finish two big books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're at a great pace!! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eyeing Careless Whiskers. Miranda James is an author I've enjoyed.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to read some from our shelves and I sure hope to do more of that. Careless Whiskers sure does sound great. Wishing you a really good Feb reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good mix of books and so nice to read one's own books. I hope February goes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three books you own! Thats really good. I get too caught up in Hoopla and my Kindle library keeps growing unchecked. Ha ha. 😛

    I read 11 books, but the three My Father's Dragon books were short, so it was more like nine. Which is still good because I think my norm last year was six a month. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stats. I'm behind so far this new year on my reading goal. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great reading month. It is so nice to actually read books from your own shelves. I hope you have a great February!

    ReplyDelete