Saturday, February 8, 2020

This Week in Reading - February 9


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Where We Belong by Shan McPherson - This has a lot of things I love - an inheritance, a bakery, a fake relationship - so my hopes are high!  (Publisher)

Sugar and Vice by Eve Calder - I really enjoyed the first book in this series last year but I was doing so good to resist this one but I'm only so strong.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  The Lost Carousel of Provence by Juliet Blackwell and Little Beach Bakery by Jenny Colgan

Listening:  I'm finishing up A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn

Watching:  So many Disney movies!  

Off the Blog:



It's Disney time!  These pictures are from our trip in October 2018.  We were supposed to go in October 2019 but had to reschedule.  I've never been in February and I'm so curious to see how it goes with crowd levels and weather and if they do anything special for Valentine's Day.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Sconed to Death + A Field Guide to Homicide - 2 Cozy Mystery Reviews
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Romances I'd Like to Read This Year
Wednesday:  Buried to the Brim - Cozy Mystery Review
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog
Friday:  Friday Fives - Five Books I'm in Love With
Saturday:  A Perilous Undertaking - Historical Mystery Review

Have a great week and happy reading!

19 comments:

  1. Ah hope Disney is all you dreamed about. Where We Belong does sound promising and a good read. I Library ordered the first in the cat cozy mystery series you chatted about last Wednesday. Hasn't come in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Disney does some special things for Valentine's Day. We went once in early March and though it was cooler than we were used to (having gone in late May/early June), it was less crowded for sure. One time my daughter and I went in early October and the Halloween decorations were great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're planning a Disney trip soon! I have noticed an uptick in tourists just about everywhere in FL right now so it might be crowded but I hope you have a fabulous time regardless!
    Have a great week and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your family have lots of fun at Disney World, Katherine! I hope the weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers on the books! I love Disney, hope you all have a great time! I see a lot of books that interest me but my reading slump is getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Disney is great fun! I've always wanted to visit Disneyland, Paris - but never yet managed it... Have a wonderful time, Katherine:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great Disney trip! We went several times while my daughter was young because my brother lives in Florida. We haven't gone lately. The weather should be a nice temperature but I don't know about rain.

    Have a great week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always thought February would be a good time to hit Disney, but I've never actually gone then so I don't know. Hope you have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been cold in Florida, getting as low as the 20s during the daytime so better pack some layers. I hope you all have fun!

    The cover for The Lost Carousel of Provence by Juliet Blackwell is lovely. I hope the story lives up to the cover.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds think alike! I am going to combine the same two Lynn Cahoon books together in a mini review post since I listened to them back to back! :)

    Hope you had a great time at Disney!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the Disney trip!

    I am curious about The Lost Carousel of Provence. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a blast! I hope to go sometime too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sugar and Vice sounds like an interesting title. Have fun at Disney! We're going at the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet the weather at Disney is gorgeous right now. We went in November a couple years ago and it was freezing one day and hot the next, so I guess you never really know. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you & your family have a magical time at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun at the Disney park. We may go this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How was February at Disney? I'm very curious! 🏰

    ReplyDelete