Friday, February 7, 2020

Friday Fives - February Reads


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. Since this is the first Friday in February I'm looking at books I want to read this month.


1.  The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey - I've been wanting to read more classic mysteries and this one is high on my list.  It's technically a reread but it's been so long since I've read it that it barely counts.


2.  Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels - This is a reread but it's been awhile and I've been missing it.  Michaels' isn't necessarily the highest quality but her books are always enjoyable.


3.  Lonesome Road by Patricia Wentworth - I pulled this one out sometime last year to never read but it always got overcome by events.  It's still out and I still want to read it so I'm making it a priority this month.


4.  The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley - This is my audio pick for the month I think.  I read the first book and enjoyed it but it was seriously long so I thought I might try it in audio form.


5.  Holding the Dream by Nora Roberts - I picked up the first book in the trilogy at the library on a whim and I figure I'll continue it.  It's not her best but it's definitely still enjoyable.

What do you plan to read in February?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! The Daugter of Time looks good... I've been wanting to read more classic mysteries too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Riley series has an interesting premise as each daughter I assume wants to find out where she came from. I read the first one last year; it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting in Lonesome Road finally! I have a few books like that... and they're years old now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels. I hope you enjoy all of your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought The Storm Sister was great - really enjoyed it. I don't know what its like on audio, but I have listened to some of the others and liked them very much. It does depend on the narrators for each. Some are better than others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Daughter of Time looks good. I hope you get to it, soon, I'll be looking out for your review. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete