This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl is Bookish Resolutions. I have so many vague resolutions that it took awhile to kind of filter them down to 10 actual ones but I think it's so good to have a little bit of focus for just what I want to do in 2018 reading-wise.
2. Complete the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2018 Reading Challenge - I'd really like to complete a reading challenge and the Modern Mrs. Darcy one looks not only fun but doable as well
3. Create some kind of system for incoming books - Right now incoming books end up in a pile that ends up getting shoved somewhere. I'd really love to create some kind of filing system
4. Read more nonfiction - nonfiction is one of my favorite genres but one I've really neglected in the past year or so. I've gotten a memoir in already this year and am working on another but would like to get more general nonfiction on my reading list.
5. Focus on getting more of the books I own read - The last few years the books in number has far exceed the books out number and while I doubt that's going to change too much I'd like to make some progress on my shelves.
6. Keep an eye out for independent bookstores - The town I live in doesn't really have any independent bookstores but I've really enjoyed the visits to really fun shops in other towns when we're traveling. I'd like to make more of an effort to check into the local bookstores any time we travel.
7. Make progress on series I've enjoyed but neglected - There are so many series of various genres that I've loved but have neglected in favor of newer shinier books. I'd love to make an effort to get caught up.
8. Participate in at least one readathon - Even if it's me just saying I'm going to try and read 24 hours staring Wednesday I want to try it.
9. Spend some time using one of my coloring books while listening to an audio book - I have bought about a dozen different coloring books and have very rarely used them. This will help me get my book count in, remind me to use some of the things just sitting around gathering dust, AND help with some de-stressing in.
10. Try out some new cookbooks - So this isn't really all that bookish but it does involve books but I got in the worst cooking rut over 2017 and I think a good cookbook binge my help break me out of it.
What are your bookish resolutions for 2018?