The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2017. I read and listened to so many new authors this year and so many of them were authors I've been wanting to read for a ridiculously long time. And even better - they all lived up to my expectations!
2. Elizabeth Hoyt - I love historical romance but find I tend to go to the same few authors. I enjoyed Duke of Desire and the 2 novellas - Once Upon a Christmas Eve and Once Upon a Maiden Lane and am looking forward to reading more from her.
3. Louise Penny - I finally read Still Life at the beginning of the year and while I wasn't necessarily blown away by the mystery itself I was blown away by the writing and just the potential of the series. I listened to A Fatal Grace a few weeks ago and am excited to see what happens next.
4. Tana French - I love mysteries and I love books set in Ireland so while it took me so long to get to French's books I have no idea. I enjoyed In the Woods and am really excited to read The Likeness in 2018.
5. Maeve Binchy - Binchy is another author that I've wanted to read for ages and the stars lined up perfectly back in November and I listened to A Week in Winter and immediately fell in love.
7. Jessica Day George - Tuesdays at the Castle was by far my favorite children's book discovery I read this year. The only negative is that I can't read it when I was 11 because I think I would have loved it!
8. Shelley Noble - I love a good "finding what makes you happy book" and The Beach at Painter's Cove had that in spades.
9. Alice Hoffman - For some reason Hoffman was never high up on my must read list but I got talked into trying Faithful and I'm so glad I did. It was really quite wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading Practical Magic in 2018.
10. Beatriz Williams - I read A Certain Age at the very beginning of the year and then went on to read several more books from Williams. I love her historical fiction and the way she weaves her worlds together.
What are some new-to-you authors you read in 2017?