Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Top Ten Tuesdays - Books I Wish Had an Epilogue


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I Wish Had an Epilogue.  Here are ten books with characters I'd like to spend just a little more time with.


1.  No River Too Wide by Emilie Richards - This is part of a series so I'll probably get to see more of these characters but I will miss them being front and center.

2.  The Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright - I really enjoyed this book and how the characters progressed through the story.  I'm curious to see how they are all faring after their pilgrimage to Canterbury.

3.  Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber - I loved this book and I want to know what happened next in these characters' lives. 

4.  Island of the Mad by Laurie R. King - On this book I don't really want an epilogue but more of a spin off story featuring one the side characters.  There's a broke American socialite in 1920s Venice who throws fabulous parties and I think it would be amazing to read her story.

5.  The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan - I loved the main characters in this book and would love to see more of their story.


6.  The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin - Even though I read this book last year I still think about the characters.  

7.  House of Many Shadows by Barbara Michaels - This is one of my favorite Michaels books and I'd love to know what happens next and see more from Andy and Meg.

8.  Red Lily by Nora Roberts - I loved all the characters in this trilogy and would love to check in on them.

9.  A Family of Strangers by Emilie Richards - The main character has a podcast on cold cases and when I was reading this one I was really hoping it'd be a series.  

10. The Lost Carousel of Provence by Juliet Blackwell - I really enjoyed this book and I want to see what happens next - especially with the main character as she had had such an incredibly difficult life.

7 comments:

  1. A cold cases podcaster would make a great character for a spinoff series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard wonderful things about The Bookshop on the Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good epilogue just seems to complete a novel and I love it when authors include them.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so many here I have read and yes would love epilogues on them all. I guess some may thing an epilogue tidies things up too much, but personally I love one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah the In the Garden trilogy!! Yes, I would also love to know what happened to them. And if the ghost really went to rest....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! The Last Bookshop in London is on my TBR, I can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete