Thursday, June 2, 2022

Books from the Backlog - Eight Hundred Grapes


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave

Blurb:  There are secrets you share, and secrets you hide…
Growing up on her family’s Sonoma vineyard, Georgia Ford learned some important secrets. The secret number of grapes it takes to make a bottle of wine: eight hundred. The secret ingredient in her mother’s lasagna: chocolate. The secret behind ending a fight: hold hands.

But just a week before her wedding, thirty-year-old Georgia discovers her beloved fiancé has been keeping a secret so explosive, it will change their lives forever.

Georgia does what she’s always done: she returns to the family vineyard, expecting the comfort of her long-married parents, and her brothers, and everything familiar. But it turns out her fiancĂ© is not the only one who’s been keeping secrets…

Why It Needs To Come Off the Shelf:  I don't even remember when I bought this on Audible but I do remember being so excited to pick this book up.  That was years ago so I should probably listen to it soon.

9 comments:

  1. I liked it. A good summer read - light and fun.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling all too well - you pick out a book that you like the look of, but you're in the middle of reading something else. And what with one thing and another - it slides off the front page of your Unread list and into obscurity... I am trying VERY hard to backtrack and find the books that happened to. But at the same time, right now I'm the ultimate mood reader and I refuse to feel guilty about that! I hope you enjoy this one, Katherine:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Books from the Backlog on my Thursday calendar, but it just didn't happen. What's that thing about good intentions again?

    800 grapes to make a bottle of wine.... Ha. I also like the sound of this one, will take a look.

    Luckily it's weekend tomorrow and I plan on spending it reading!!

    Lots of Love,

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should look for this one. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the setting, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a copy of this book at one time, but I'm not sure what happened to it. I know I was intrigued by the vineyard setting. I had no idea it took 800 grapes to make a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I'd read this but I haven't. Hmm wonder if I can get it on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hate when I buy a book and then just kind of forget about it. I remember seeing this book everywhere for a while. It sounds good and I hope that you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete