Sunday, June 12, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy, and Some Reading - June 12


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Round Up the Usual Peacocks by Donna Andrews - This is one of my favorite cozy series and I'm so excited to read this newest mystery.  (Publisher)

High Spirits by Carol J Perry - Perry is one of my favorite cozy authors and I adored the first book in this series last year so I'm really looking forward to this one - plus the main character has a golden retriever so how can I resist.  (Publisher)

A Treacherous Tale by Elizabeth Penney - I enjoyed the first book in this series and it's one I'm really intrigued to see where it goes. (Publisher)

With a Spirit of Vengeance by Lena Gregory - This series has ghosts and a big clumsy dog.  What's not to love?  (Publisher) 

Currently:


Reading: 
Bayou Book Thief by Ellen Byron and Out of the Past by Patricia Wentworth

Listening:  Silence in the Library by Katharine Schellman



We got a visit from Orbit the therapy dog at clinic this week which thrilled Will to no end.  As you can see Orbit has no issue with being a pillow.  Will is feeling pretty good and still gaining weight slowly both of which are good.  We have just a little bit of school to finish up until he can take a bit of a summer break.  J might be traveling to New Orleans for work some this summer and we are all hoping that Will's health stays solid enough that we can go with him at least for part of the time.  


Rover is closing in on 70 pounds and 8 months old.  He's feeling kind of teenager-y so we've had some backsliding on training but we are getting there.  He's gotten where he's absolutely fantastic at home about 95% of the time and he's great in the car but he still goes crazy when he meets new people or dogs.  I think a lot of that will get better just with age but I'm really enjoying training and he seems to like it too.  We are planning to start agility classes and scent work classes in the fall so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've been catching up on rest and am feeling a bit better.  I decided to restart my Hello Fresh subscription.  We used their meal surface for awhile several years ago and liked them but got bored with them.  Lately, I've been struggling to come up with what to cook for dinner so I thought I'd give them a try again.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

19 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun cozy series! And aww that's cute and neat that Orbit was able to visit. Looks like such a sweet dog.

    I hope you guys are able to make it to New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pre-ordered both of Donna's books for the year already. I have the entire series in hardcover, so I can't bring myself to switch to ARCs at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books look good. Have fun with the doggy training. How cute to be a pillow <3

    Have a great week next week.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/12/sunday-post-35/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you and Rover are both enjoying the training classes. And Orbit and Will seem to hit off too. I hope you have a great week ahead.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Will with Orbit! Therapy dogs are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love the dog photos. I'm glad Will is feeling okay and doing well with school. Hopefully Rover will calm down. I've owned 4 dogs in my life, and all of them were nuts when they were young. Dogs get better with age. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dog photos! I am glad Will is feeling better, hope it continues and you guys can take a vacation (at least for you and Will) and go with J when he goes to NO. Glad you are getting rested.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Therapy dogs are such a comfort, glad Will is improving and hope your summer goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orbit is so adorable and special. Dogs are great therapy. Rover is adorable too and will settle down in time. We have a "teenage dog" as well and he's been a challenge, but is finally settling down a bit. I'm so glad that Will is doing better and you might be able to go an a little vacation. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics, Katherine. Orbit looks an absolute sweetheart and it's great to see Will looking sturdier. I hope you get the chance to go away for a holiday. And your books all look great fun - happy reading and I hope you manage to have a relaxing week:).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are more rested and feeling better, also taking some time to read and do classes with Rover. Great to hear Will is doing well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Rover! How gorgeous are you!! What's with the peacock books?? Hope I'm not the only one to spot that. I need a good cozy. Let me go scratch in my kindle a bit!

    Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and taking some rest. I hope you can wrap up the school work quickly and take a summer break!

    Have a good week Katherine.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad Will's health is still holding and he's still gaining weight. I hope it continues. Training sounds really rewarding and satisfying, honestly. My husband and I've tried to train out cats. We've been a little successful in the past, but with our current one, she's very resistent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Katherine! I've been thinking about you guys even though I haven't commented in a while. I'm back to blogging starting tomorrow. Hope things go well for Will and you guys can take a small trip to New Orleans. Your puppy is no longer a puppy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to get Hello Fresh for awhile and give yourself a bit of a break. Wise thinking. I love how the therapy dog and Will bond. Rover sounds a little like Prince Louis, totally adorable and acting their age. Great incoming books, I do believe I like Carol J Perry but can't remember which series I am into of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photo of Will with Orbit... for a second I thought it was Rover. Speaking of Rover, he's gotten so big! I'm sure he will settle down with time, but it takes a lot of patience (and firmness, and training, etc...) in the meantime. Glad you're feeling better and I hope Will's health will allow you to spend some time in New Orleans this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for Orbit! Does Rover seem to smell Orbit on Will when he gets home from clinic? 😊 I'm happy to hear Will is still gaining weight and is feeling pretty good. I hope you get to go to New Orleans when J is there! 💟

    Teenagery dogs can be a handful! 🤗

    Have a wonderful new week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  18. Orbit looks like a love. I'm glad Will is doing better and you are feeling a bit better too. Keep that up! And have a good week. I hope the meals will be awesome!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  19. That would be great if you could go to New Orleans for a bit. Hoping that pans out for you all. Will looks good and Orbit is indeed a patient pup!

    ReplyDelete