Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Miss Marple Quotes


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is all about quotes so I'm pulling 10 favorite quotes from the infinitely quotable Miss Marple"!


1.  "Gentleman are frequently not as level-headed as they seem" The Body in the Library

2.  "It really is very dangerous to believe people.  I never have for years" Sleeping Murder

3.  "I know that in books it is always the most unlikely person.  But I never find that rule applies in real life." The Murder at the Vicarage

4.  "If people do not choose to lower their voices, one must assume that they are prepared to be overheard." At Bertram's Hotel

5.  "A very nice woman.  The kind that would so easily marry a bad lot.  In fact, the sort of woman that would marry a murderer if she were ever given half a chance." Nemesis


6.  "The great thing in these cases is to keep an absolutely open mind.  Most crimes, you see, are so absurdly simple." The Moving Finger

7.  "Any coincidence is always worth noticing.  You can throw it away later if it is only a coincidence." Nemesis

8.  "One does need so much tact when dealing with the young." A Caribbean Mystery

9.  "Clever young men know so little of life." The Murder at the Vicarage

10. "Murders always find it difficult to keep things simple.  They can't keep themselves from elaborating." A Caribbean Mystery

I do love Miss Marple's thoughts.  You never quite know what she's going to say!

11 comments:

  1. Love all these quotes, sure gives us a taste of Miss Marple and her wisdoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been steadily picking up Christie's novels through the library this year and I think I laughed through a great deal of Murder at the Vicarage between Griselda's and Miss Marple's one-liners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine! Love love love these!! Yea for Miss Marple. She is still my favorite female sleuth in forever.

    Great selection of quotes from her. I miss Miss Marple. It's time to read one again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has some great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I know that in books it is always the most unlikely person. But I never find that rule applies in real life." True!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read Miss Marple, but clearly I need to. These quotes are great - quite a few made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! What a great list, Katherine. She's really rather spot on about most things, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me really want to read Christie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Miss Marple. She appears so dithery and vague, and she's actually so clued in -- and wickedly accurate in her observations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "If people do not choose to lower their voices, one must assume that they are prepared to be overheard." Like some people on their cell phones in public. 😁

    ReplyDelete