Sunday, May 30, 2021

Life with Leukemia (And Some Reading) - May 30

 
It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

This was a long week.  Will had a spinal tap on Wednesday which he did great with and we were able to figure out what had happened the last time that had given him a rough wake up and correct it.  Then after that it was chemo and finally we collapsed at home at about 4 in the afternoon after a pretty grueling day.  On top of that it's steroid week which keeps him from getting really solid sleep so he just feels worn out.  Luckily, it's only for 5 days but we are counting down!  

It's hard to believe this is the last weekend in May.  This is the end of my birthday month which I have been happily celebrating with presents for me.  The last batch will be arriving this week and I'm looking forward to it. My waffle maker was in a bit of a snit and died on me so I replaced it with an R2D2 waffle maker from shopDisney and we will be having Star Wars waffles very soon.  Will has even agreed to try them and he's not a fan of waffles.  Other then lots of online shopping not much has been going on here.

Currently:


Reading:  Murphy's Slaw by Elizabeth Logan and Pilgrim's Rest by Patricia Wentworth

Listening:  The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle

Watching:  A lot of the YouTube channel This Gathered Nest because I like watching family life on a small farm without actually having to deal with livestock.  Also, I'm getting my true crime fix with Kendall Rae's YouTube channel.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

13 comments:

  1. R2D2- that's awesome! And hope Will has a good long weekend and feels better. Happy Memorial Day!

    The farm sounds neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is a warrior for sure, and yourself as well. I don't have a waffle maker but one day I just might get one. I like waffles. Hope this week will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed and what a trooper Will and Mom has been. Stay strong Katherine, you are an admirable mother. Stay well and enjoy something fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad this week is finished for Will and some things were improved My daughter is on a waffle jag and really eating them. I can hardly believe May is nearly ended.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love waffles!! My husband too. I can just imagine what he would say about R2D2 or any Star Wars waffles.

    I'm glad your week is over. Heck, I'm glad my week is over. Been a rough one!

    Also glad you got to spoil yourself with some Birthday treats. You need to do that!

    Take care of yourself and Will this week and I hope there will be lots of time for reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad things went good for Will last week!

    I think I may start your tradition of a "Birthday Week"! Sounds a lot better than just one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope next week is a bit easier for Will! And yay for R2D2 waffles though 😍. I like the idea of a birthday month - mine is in June so maybe I'll do that this month! Happy birthday 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you and Will both made it through this tough treatment week! You are both so strong. Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad they figured out what made the rough wake up and could fix it. Such a cool waffle maker you are getting...lol. :)

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear the spinal tap went well. I wish he didn't have to take the steroids. 💟

    I love that you celebrate birthday month like me, ha ha. 😁

    I hope your week started out well. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you all a good week. My thoughts are with Will and you as you get through steroid week.
    The waffle maker sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that Will is handling steroid week well this time around. I am wondering why I bought a boring waffle maker when mine needed to be replaced recently when I could have had a Star Wars one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Star Wars waffles sound fun to eat.

    ReplyDelete