Saturday, May 1, 2021

April Reading Recap

 


Number of Books Read This Month:  

Bookish Breakdown: 16 

Print:  8

Ebook:  4

Audio:

Mystery: 11

Fiction:  3

Romance: 2

Rereads:  5

Backlog Books: 1

My Favorite Book of the Month:


Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther - This was a lovely quiet book about an ordinary family living their regular life with the clouds of war building around them.

The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley - I had serious doubts going into this one but I ended up loving both present day and past stories.  

Least Favorite Book of the Month:


Deadly Editions by Paige Shelton - This wasn't bad by any means it was just my least favorite read in a month with serious competition.

What books did you read in April?

10 comments:

  1. Mrs. Miniver sounds like a story I'd enjoy. I wonder when it was first published. I really didn't know much about the war experiences of the English people until I read Splendid and the Vile. Now I think, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April was not a blockbuster month for my reading. Having the remodeling assignments has disrupted a Lot! Nice selection of books, you did well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay for the Pearl Sister. And that's some serious amount of rereads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad The Pearl Sister ended up one of your favorites. Mrs. Miniver is going on my TBR list. Have a great reading month in May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 16 books! Great reading month you have)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to read the Mrs. Miniver book this year. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great reading month! I hope that you enjoy all of May's books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only read 10 books in April, three of them rereads via audio. I wanted to refresh my memory on The Magical Bakery Mystery series. My library only carries the first six. I'm going to have to buy the next ones. I also was still binging on the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and the Virgin River series. I've gotten tired of those so I've stopped. I got to read the latest installment of the Blood and Ash series; my gosh it's so good and I was yelling in frustration when I realized the book wasn't the last one and that I have to wait until October for the next one.

    ReplyDelete