Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday Fives - Five Books I Bought At the Used Bookstore


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This week I gave myself a joint full immunity + birthday present and visited the local used bookstore.  Here are five of the books I picked up.


1.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis - This book was one I really wanted as soon as I saw it on the new release lists so I was thrilled to find it at the bookstore.


2.  Meet Me in Monaco by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb - Gaynor was on my list of authors to look for and I couldn't resist this one.


3.  Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan - I loved the first book in the series so couldn't resist picking this one up as well.  I need more puffin side kicks!


4.  The Unseen by Heather Graham - I've been enjoying Graham's version of romantic paranoromal suspense and I love her Krewe series so I picked this one up.


5.  A Comedy of Heirs by Rett MacPherson - Of course I had to pick up a cozy!  And I couldn't reisst this one with a professional genealogist.  

I picked up a few more but these are the 5 on the top of the stack.  What books have you bought lately?

7 comments:

  1. You’ve picked up some good books there! I’m glad to hear you finally done with a vaccine, we are as well. It’s nice to go out without a mask once in a while.

    I have Jenny O’Brien‘s latest book about a welsh detective. I really enjoy that series, there are four books out so far. A lot of character development and of course I like a place procedural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am glad you were able to visit your local bookstore, Katherine, and look at all these great finds! I haven't read any of these, but most are books on my wish list or TBR shelves. You have some great reading ahead of you. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three books of the Blood and Ash series are the only three I've bought lately (last month). I have your first book on hold at the library and ready for pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I have been thinking about the Fiona Davis book, and lately I've discovered that I like Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb as writers. And Jenny Colgan - oh yes. I think there is a new one in that series this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got The Lions of Fifth Avenue on NetGalley but just couldn't get into it. I hope you enjoy it and your other new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read The Lions of Fifth Avenue, too. 😊

    ReplyDelete