Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Characters at My Lunch Table

It's Top Ten Tuesday time!  This is a fun linkup with The Broke and the Bookish and today's topic is a back to school theme.  Who are the top ten characters that'd be at your table?  Here's the top ten I'd want at mine!

1.  Sebastion Grey from Julia Quinn What Happens in London.  He is actually a side character in this one but I adore him in this one.  He isn't nearly as funny in his actual book (10 Things I Love About You).  He's hilarious, animated, does great impressions and is sarcastic.  Through in rich and good looking and he's definitely in!

2.  Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery.  I love Anne but I think I love Gilbert more.  He's smart and ambitious but genuinely kind and helpful.  He'd be one to tutor you in Algebra 2 and make you laugh so hard it seemed fun.

3.  Miss Marple from Agatha Christie.  You knew there was going to be an Agatha mention right?  Miss Marple with all her knowledge of human nature would be the best person to gossip with.  She'd know everything!

4.  Elise Phillippe from Suddenly Last Summer by Sarah Morgan.  I love her accent and her cooking skills would definitely come in handy.  Plus she was pretty funny.  Definitely BFF material if you could tune out her occasional tantrum.

5.  Deacon Whitney from Molly Harper's Better Homes and Hauntings.  He's geeky but fun geeky.  He'd make superhero references and I could indulge my inner Doctor Who geek with him.  Plus if I needed help in math and Gilbert wasn't available he could help me study.

6.  Rachel Bertsche.  So she's not a fictional character but I loved her book Jennifer, Gwyneth and Me and I could totally see us being friends.

7.  Sara Stanley from L.M. Montgomery's Story Girl.  She has an amazing voice and admits when she's feeling petty.  Plus she always has great stories.

8. Brodie Monaghan from Half Mood Harbor by Donna Kauffman - He's sweet, he's smart and he's Irish!  Of course he's welcome at my lunch table!

9.  Kayla Green from Sarah Morgan's Sleigh Bells in the Snow.  Definitely a good friend to have in school.  She'd always know when things were due and she's probably let you copy her notes.

10.  Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Because sometimes you need an alien who knows his way around the universe.

28 comments:

  1. I get Miss Marple and Jessica from Murder She Wrote all mixed up in my head these days for some reason. Certainly that must mean it's time to read a Miss Marple book, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that definitely means it's time to read a Miss Marple book! There are some similarities though Miss Marple is much much older and much more British!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I liked that you picked Ford Prefect. Good one!
    I don't know any one else on your list, so I'd be like the new shy person at your table. Lol.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be all right. Half of them probably would never stop talking so you could be as quiet as you wanted!

      Delete
  3. Ha- interesting choices for sure! Glad you included recent reads in this list.

    The only author I've read on your list is Agatha Christie so I have a lot of titles to check out and authors to read about.

    Of course I've heard of Hitchhiker's Guide..and asked hubby, who doesn't read much if he'd read it, and he said of course :) Okay, I plead ignorance in not reading this classic. I should revise my Classics Club list to include it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitchhiker's is on my list because while I've read it it's been a LONG time. I think mostly what I remember is from the movie!

      Delete
  4. Sounds as if you would have a great lunchtime conversation.

    I don't know any of these books, but I like the character descriptions.

    Hmmmm...let me think who I would want to sit next to, :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure half of them would ever shut up so it'd definitely be entertaining!

      Delete
  5. I love that you picked Gilbert Blythe (Swoon)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilbert Blythe is probably my favorite male character of all time!

      Delete
  6. This would be such a hard list for me to come up with! I loved reading your list, Katherine. Miss Marple would be a fun one to have over for lunch, I think. Ford Prefect! Yes, definitely him.

    (I got a copy of Sleigh Bells in the Snow the other day based on your recommendation. :-) Hopefully I can read it soon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Sleigh Bells! I really enjoyed it and the setting was wonderful!

      This was probably the hardest topic so thanks! Miss Marple was an automatic. Can you imagine all the gossip she'd have?!

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't mind Gilbert at my table. I'd have to comfort him whenever Anne rejected him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "indulge my inner Doctor Who geek". :) I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, good point you make in choosing Gilbert over Anne....We all could have used a good algebra tutor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely could have! Plus I suspect in real life Anne with all her raptures and imaginings would drive me nuts!

      Delete
  10. I don't know most of these but love the Hitchhiker's pick. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is pretty romance heavy. My main genre is mysteries but since most of the characters are either murderers, victims or suspects I'm not sure I'd want to eat lunch with any of them!

      Delete
  11. Oh I Love your list, can I come! What an interesting mix, and from some of my favorite books too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you chose people of all ages – and I'd love to have lunch with Miss Marple! I'm not sure I should sit at your table, though… we might fight over Gilbert! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be a problem! Wouldn't Miss Marple be a great lunch companion!

      Delete
  13. Great mix of characters. GILBERT! Yes please, I love Gil!!! :)

    ReplyDelete