Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR Pile


Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic from The Broke and the Bookish
Since I haven't finished my spring TBR list and my summer one is basically untouched I'm going to have to face reality.  It's time to admit that until I get my NetGalley addiction under control I'm not going to be reading anything but review books despite the ever growing stack of actual physical books that are taking over my shelves.

So here's the review books I plan on reading this fall!  Now, if you need me I'll be in my fort built with the piles of physical books I no longer have a place to put and reading review books!

Past Due:  These are books that came out months ago that for some reason I haven't read yet:

1. Empire Girls by Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan- it's the 1920s in New York and two young women are trying to solve a family mystery.  I was so excited when I got the approval for this one but somehow never got around to reading it.

2. Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson - It's a chateau in France and a woman is trying to learn the secrets of her grandmother's life.  Not quite sure why I put this one off either.

3.  Always on My Mind by Belle Andre - This author was introduced to me by Kimba over at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer who is definitely one of the worst influences on me when it comes to adding to the TBR pile!  I now have 2 and have yet to read 1.

4.  Mission to Murder by Lynn Cahoon - I loved the 1st one in this series and was so excited to see the next one.  That was 2 months ago.

5. The Hexed by Heather Graham - See #4


Coming Up: Books due out October and November
6.  The Question of the Missing Head by E.J. Copperman/Jeff Cohen - I've enjoyed other books by this author so I'm looking forward to what he can do with a less cozy-style mystery

7.  The Night Garden by Lisa Van Allen - My bookish kindred spirit - Lark at The Bookwyrm's Hoard - really enjoyed the first book by this author.

8.  Hardcastle's Quartet by Graham Ison - A historical murder mystery sounds like a fun read on a gloomy fall day.

9.  The Bone Room by James Vitarius - I read the first 2 chapters back in July and really liked how developed and unique the main characters were.

10. Deadly Tasting by Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noel Balen - There's wine and murder in France.  What's not to love?

31 comments:

  1. Ha!! I'm with you! Sometimes I think the point is just that it's fun to make lists. :) Good luck with the reads. I have never looked at NetGalley for this very reason. I'm terrible when it comes to actually following through with the reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good list. How have you never looked at NetGalley? You are a very smart person because it is a very very dangerous place!

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain, Katherine. :-) This is a great list and I wish you luck with it. I've only read The Hexed from your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to The Hexed. I really liked The Cursed.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I haven't heard of many of these, but they all look great.

    Happy reading!
    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to reading them!

      Delete
  4. A fort made of books... that sounds pretty good. :) I'd like to check out Netgalley but then I'd probably be in the same situation! I can see myself going a little crazy...

    Several of these sound good but especially the one set in France. Good luck with the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NetGalley is a dangerous dangerous place. Normally my cheapness keeps me out of trouble but I don't have that advantage with NetGalley!
      I'm really looking forward to the French book as well. It sounds like an interesting setting.

      Delete
  5. The only thing I've requested on Netgalley lately is a couple of cookbooks, but it's taken a lot of willpower! All these titles are new to me, so I'll look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed by your willpower. I always intend to use willpower when it comes to NetGalley but normally fail miserably!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, the first two sound SO good. I love family mysteries, especially when they're set in old houses. I'm going to check both those books out, plus the others on your list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a weakness for family mysteries and old houses as well! I'm hoping that they're as good as I think they'll be!

      Delete
  7. These books sound good, Katherine! The Case of the Missing Head and Hardcastle's Quartet sound especially interesting to me. I've been in the mood for mysteries lately. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about fall has definitely put me in the mystery mood as well! I'm looking forward to these!

      Delete
  8. I am a big fan if mysteries, most of your to-read list sounds like books I would like. Definitely checking out Mission to Murder and Chateau of Secrets. I just started Broadchurch this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first one of the Mission to Murder series and I'm really excited about Chateau of Secrets. I watched the BBC version of Broadchurch and enjoyed it. I saw they're doing a version in the US as well. I haven't read the book yet but one day!

      Delete
  9. The Question of the Missing Head looks soooo good. I want to read that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to that one! It sounds so unusual.

      Delete
  10. I love the Roaring 20s, and I haven't found too many books that take place during this era, so I'm definitely interested in Empire Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favorite eras as well. I'm looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete
  11. How true! I also have lots of e-books and print books I own and yet I'm addicted to NetGalley and my library. I want to read The Night Garden and the Lynn Cahoon series.
    Warning: Kimba is dangerous to your toppling TBR pile, everyone! And Lark has wonderful taste in books, and a feel-good blog.
    Thanks for a great post and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not exactly innocent yourself! I know there's a few books wedged into my pile because of you! I'm definitely looking forward to these. now I just hope I get to them!

      Delete
  12. Gotta look at The Bone Room - as an anatomist, I find the title is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first 2 chapters and really enjoyed them! I'm hoping that the rest of it is as good.

      Delete
  13. Your fort sounds like mine, lol. I have several Bella Andre books in my overdue review pile and I have The Hexed there too. I saw The Night Garden in Lark's Fall TBR Pile post and added it to my wishlist. :)

    Good luck getting all of these read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck I can get!
      Glad to know I'm not the only one with a pile of overdue review books!

      Delete
  14. I haven't read any of them! But Empire Girls looks fantastic! The 20s and a mystery, that is my kind of book :) I have The Night Garden on my TBR as well.
    Hope you get through all the books on your list and enjoy them. Let us know if you need supplies in that fort of yours! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 20s time period and so I'm really looking forward to this one and The Night Garden.
      Will let you know about supplies! Send tea!

      Delete
  15. Oh yes. I am right there with you on that. LOL My review pile for the Fall is frightful. Woot on the Bella Andre. LOVE her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have at least two and haven't read any. Definitely a problem I need to fix!

      Delete
  16. I understand how you feel!! I'm still working on my Netgalley list but there are so many books I bought that I am wanting to read too. I tried focusing only on Netgalley but then I was getting bored which was affecting my reviews. So I took a break from "books I have to read" and switched to "books I want to read". It was a refreshing change and now I'm alternating between my two lists. You created a nice list of books so I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete