Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists. Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups! Today's topic is Bookish Places I've Visited. I can't think of very many bookish places I've visited though I do always try and check out any indie bookstore in any place we visit and I'm a frequent visitor to our local bookstores. Instead, I'm going with 10 Books Set in Places I'd Like to Visit.
1. Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie (Greenway House, Devon, England) - This was one of Agatha Christie's homes and is at the top of my list for Christie related locations to visit.
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (Prince Edward Island, Canada) - Green Gables is probably my favorite fictional location and I'd love to see Anne's beloved Island
3. Whose Body in the Library by Eva Gates (Outer Banks, North Carolina) - I've been to OBX once and really enjoyed it (though I'm a Gulf fan when it comes beaches) and I'd love to revisit.
4. A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie (Coral Reef Hotel, Barbados) - I love this book and I'd love to stay at this resort. I also want to go to Guadalupe where they film Death in Paradise as well.
5. The Murder, She Wrote Series (Kennebunkport, Maine) - I love both the book and the TV version and would love to visit the inspiration for Cabot Cove.
6. Sugar and Spite by Carol J. Perry (Salem, MA) - This is a fun series and I love that Salem is basically a character in this series. I'd love to visit.
7. Death on a Scottish Train by Lucy Connelly (Scotland) - There are so many reasons I'd love to visit Scotland and this series is top of my list.
8. A Bakeshop Mystery series by Ellie Alexander (Ashland, Oregon) - I was thrilled when I realized that the setting for this mystery series is real. Even though Torte doesn't exist I'd still love to visit Ashland.
9. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Yorkshire Moors, England) - This is one of my all time favorite books and I'd love to visit Yorkshire.
10. Murder at the Breakers by Alyssa Maxwell (Newport, Rhode Island) - Granted the book is set in the time of the Vanderbilts when the "cottages" were newly built but I would still love to see them.
What bookish locations would you like to visit?



No comments:
Post a Comment