Thursday, August 6, 2026

Life's a Beach Book Tag

Since it is well into the 90s with 90% humidity here today, I figured I'd do the Life's a Beach Book Tag I found on Lefty Reads.  Now Lefty posted this way back in 2018 and her blog is no longer active but this looked so fun I couldn't resist.  Plus, if it's going to be this hot and muggy I SHOULD be on the beach.  

1.  Sand - A Book That Stuck With You Long After You Finished Reading


The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery - This is high up on my favorite book list and it's one I think of often.  

2.  Sun - A Book That Burned You


A Cruise to Die For by Heather Graham - This may be the worst written book I've ever read and if it hadn't been a review book I would have DNF'd it.  My expectations for this kind of book aren't super high as they're usually more fun than quality but this was neither.  

3.  The Waves - A Book That Calms You Down After a Long Day


Soyangri Book Kitchen by Kim Je Hye - I loved the calming slower vibe of this book and it's one that I look forward to revisiting when I need a calm read.

4.  The Bathing Suit - A Book With a Pretty Summery Cover


The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews - This looks like the kind of beach we go to every year and I love the tote bag.  This just screams vicarious trip to the beach.

5.  The Birds - A Book That is Everywhere


Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke - Honestly, I probably won't read this one.  The premise doesn't appeal to me and the reviews I've seen have confirmed it but it feels like I can't turn around right now without seeing it.

6.  The Company - A Book With Wonderful Characters


The Faraway Inn by Sarah Beth Durst - I loved this book and all the characters in it - even the grumpier ones.

7.  The Ice-Cold Drinks - A Book You Gulped Down


The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen - I could not put this book down!  I wouldn't really call it a thriller though it is super creepy but it is definitely fast paced.

8.  The Fun Memories - A Book You Can't Wait to Return To

Dolly All the Time by Annabel Monaghan - I'm so glad I bought the audio version of this one as it is definitely a book I'll want to revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment