Source: Purchased
Description: In Flowers in the Rain & Other Stories, Pilcher takes readers on a captivating journey across Britain, from the picturesque Scottish countryside to the bustling streets of London. With her signature charm and heartfelt storytelling, she weaves tales of love, laughter, and the complexities of human relationships that will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with her characters.
Discover the magic of Rosamunde Pilcher's writing and immerse yourself in the lives of people you'll never forget. This collection is a gift to cherish, from an author who has touched the hearts of millions with her timeless stories of family, friendship, and the enduring power of love.
Genre: Fiction - Short Stories
Why I Picked This Book: This has been on my reread list for awhile and I remember really enjoying it.
My Impression: For nostalgia and cozy feels this is a 5 star read. I love Pilcher's ability to tell a story and make a setting come alive. This is no different. The stories are full of country houses (in various states of repair) and main characters looking for what they want in life or what they're not seeing or to reconnect with someone from their childhood. There are three stories that I absolutely love - one involving a couple celebrating their 30th anniversary, another a mother of the bride looking to solve a wedding crisis and getting so much more, and the third a young couple trying to determine what they want in life and if you can be married without losing yourself.
The other stories were enjoyable but didn't really hook me. Two are very much alike and so often the women involved are very young (around 20) and their choices don't seem the wisest. This is a nice collection of short stories and is a very easy pleasant read. If you're a fan of Rosamunde Pilcher and need a cozy book but only have a short attention span this is a good pick - though I do think her other collection, The Blue Bedroom, is a bit better.
Would I Read More of this Series/Author? Of course! Rosamunde Pilcher used to be my favorite author and I'm hoping to do some rereading in the next couple of years.
Would I Recommend this Book? I would with reservations. If you're a fan of Pilcher than definitely. The stories aren't amazing but they are sweet and cozy and sometimes that's just what I need.

No comments:
Post a Comment