Thursday, May 21, 2020

Books from the Backlog - Suede to Rest

Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!



Goodreads:  Suede to Rest by Diane Vallere

Blurb:  When Poly Monroe was little, she loved playing in her family’s textile store. But after a fatal family tragedy, Land of A Thousand Fabrics was boarded up and Poly never expected to see the inside again. Now, as inheritor of the long-shuttered shop, she’s ready to restore the family business. However her two new kittens, Pins and Needles, aren’t the ones causing a snag in her plans…
Not everyone wants Poly back in San Ladrón, especially a powerful local developer pressuring her to sell—and leave town fast. But even when the threats turn deadly, she’s not ready to bolt. Because Poly is beginning to suspect that the murder behind the shop is tied to a mystery in her family’s unsettled past that she’s determined to solve…before her own life is left hanging by a thread.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I read the later books in this series and loved them so much that I had to go buy the first book which of course I haven't read yet.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I don't think that I have read a cozy set in a textile store yet. I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a different setting. I might have to give this a try too. I hope you enjoy this as much as the others in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good cozy! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to it. Sometimes great to go back and get to know the characters at the beginnin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cats look like trouble and I like that the setting is something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! This sounds fun! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete