Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday Fives - May Reads


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm also going to start linking up with Kathryn over at Book Date for her Connect Five.  Since today is the first Friday in May I'm looking at what books I'm hoping to read this month.  Since libraries and bookstores aren't exactly available right now I'm looking at books from my stash or that have been hiding on my Kindle for awhile. 


1.  The Day of the Storm by Rosamunde Pilcher - I love Pilcher but it's been far too long since I read one of her novels.  I remember nothing about this one other then that I enjoyed it so it seems like the time to pick up!


2.  Hearse and Gardens by Kathleen Bridge - This series has been calling me from the beginning and I've had this one sitting on my desk for at least a year so I think now is the time to read it.


3.  The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - I absolutely adored the first Mrs. Pollifax - so much so that I immediately ordered the 2nd book.  I'm going to need to read it this month!


4.  The Crying Child by Barbara Michaels - This is a favorite of mine and it's been awhile since I reread it.


5.  The Orchard at the Edge of Town by Shirlee McCoy - I've had a review copy of this book on my Kindle for ages and I really want to read it.  It sounds so fun!

What do you want to read in May?

10 comments:

  1. I love Rosamunde Pilcher books. One of my all time favorites are Shell Seekers and Coming Home. I may want to reread Coming Home and I think that would be a good goal for May. Glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read the Shirlee McCoy book! It has kitties on the cover. It must be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to pick out five you will read. I've started bad, because I am sitting looking at my shelves and Kindle and going "No I don't feel like any of them!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, these all sound good! I love Pilcher but haven't read her in a long while, either. I also enjoy Barbara Michaels, so I'm curious about The Crying Child. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearse and Gardens by Kathleen Bridge is new to me, but I am definitely interested. I don't think I have any of these on my TBR pile. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reading has slowed down quite a bit since I don't have pick up duties anymore. I currently have Foundryside on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the Hampton cozy series and read a few but then it got lost in the sea of cozies! I really need to see where I left off and if I can get my hands on the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all new to me but I do love making time for books that have been around for a while. I hope you enjoy all of these, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Crying Child - love it! Ought to reread it as it's been forever. Also that Mrs. Pollifax - is that the one in Turkey? Loved that one too. Just wait until you get to the one where she's on safari!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for The Orchard at the End of the Town. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete