The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Meet. I had a hard time with this topic as I'm not crazy about the idea of meeting people no matter how much I love their books. I'd have no idea of what to say!
2. Dorothy L. Sayers - I haven't read as much of Sayers' books as I have of Christie's but I feel like I got to know her a bit in The Golden Age of Murder and she came off as so much fun. She was smart, sarcastic and adventurous with just enough issues to give her an edge.
3. Jenny Lawson - Really I just want to go shopping with her to some random antique or junk store. There's no telling what she'd fin and her observations are always hilarious.
4. Barbara Michaels - Because this woman knows everything - vintage clothing, Egyptology, roses, history, and all kinds of other things. I'd just love to listen to her talk!
5. Jill Shalvis - Because her books are such entertaining she seems like she'd be lots of fun to grab coffee with.
7. Lisa Kleypas - There are a few characters I want updates on. Especially Sebastian and Evie and most of the couples in the Friday Harbor series.
8. Mindy Kaling - I love her book and she just seems like so much fun.
9. J. Maarten Troost - I love his travel stories and always find him entertaining.
10. Ernestine Gilbreth Carey - I want the real scoop on what it was like growing up in the Cheaper by the Dozen family and I always liked her.
Who would like to meet?