Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Linkups: If Only













It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice.

Book Blogger Hop Question:
If you had a chance to read a book or watch a movie that is not about a book you have read which would you choose?

My Answer:
In general I pick book over movie every time.  There are the days where my brain just feels fried and as much as I love books I'm just too tired.  To be honest, I'm not much of a movie person.  There's something about the time commitment that makes me squeamish even though I could watch an equal amount of TV without blinking.  I've started recording some of the classic movies that I love and haven't watched in ages (I adore pretty much anything with Cary Grant) and am looking forward to watching some of those.

This wee's book is If Only by Norma Budden about a woman trying to find the daughter she gave up for adoption 16 years before.  I'm always fascinated by stories centering around adoption - partly because of the research that goes into discovering the answers either party is looking for and partly because of the complex emotional issues that it create.  I'm not very far in If Only but so far I'm enjoying it.
The Beginning:
Demi Glenn sat behind the white marble desk, drumming her fingers on it's surface waiting for the phone to ring.
My Thoughts:
As impatient person I can so relate to this!  I can even picture her expression!

The 56:
Under normal circumstances, David would have tried his best to ease her mind, but circumstances were far from normal.
My Thoughts: 
I'm not here yet so I don't know what's going on but I definitely have a lot of questions now!



9 comments:

  1. I, too, find this kind of story fascinating, and now I definitely want to know more about this one. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “EAT THE DOCUMENT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this new-to-me book and author.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/05/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hope you are enjoying your read. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue. I pick a book over a movie when I have time and brain power. Video games and movies are for brain dead time. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pick a book anytime over a movie, and also a tv show over a movie. Don't know I don't enjoy movies that much-- maybe because with tv I can choose one hour or two; the movie is a certain length.

    Thanks for highlighting a new to me author and title. I like adoption stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drum my fingers with impatience all the time too... lol I can't help but wonder about her circumstances though. Good snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go for book over movie too in almost all cases. Only one I've picked movie over book was PS I Love You. Just adore that movie and heard the book was a bit of a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer books to movies too.

    I don't really watch movies.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes a lot of fortitude to get me to watch television period ha ha! I can't quite explain why, other than that I am easily overcome with boredom by just sitting there in a senseless sort of state.

    If Only has a sort of whimsical feel to it; I do hope you're enjoying it! Wishing a wonderful weekend Katherine :)

    Claudia @ My Soul Called Life

    ReplyDelete