The Broke and the Bookish is the Top Ten Books I'd Like to Have in My Beach Bag. When it comes to summer my attention span is on the short side. Between the kids being out of school and Alabama heat and humidity long thought provoking books just aren't happening. For summer reading I tend to reach for contemporary romance, romantic suspense and maybe a cozy mystery or two. I don't love historical romances for summer because all the layers of clothes just sound hot!
2. The Silenced by Heather Graham - I love Heather Graham's books. Even when they suffer from insta-love or some minor plo holes they're so much fun it makes up for it.
3. Redemption Bay by RaeAnne Thayne - The first book in the series - Snow Angel Cove - was one my favorite of the Christmas romances I read and all kinds of intriguing comments were made about the main character of Redemption Bay.
4. A Batter of Life and Death by Ellie Alexander - I absolutely loved the first mystery in the series and I can't wait to see what Jules is up to now. I'll make sure to have a few pastries handy because I know this book will make me hungry!
5. It's in His Kiss by Jill Shalvis - I'm not happy about it but I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that the Lucky Harbor series is over and read the last trilogy.
7. Murder at Beechwood by Alyssa Maxwell - A murder at a Newport mansion in the 1890s with lawn parties and sail boat races and all the rest. Sounds perfect.
8. All Lined Up by Cora Carmack - This sounds light and fluffy and fun. I haven't read much (or really any) NA and this got great reviews.
9. Sea Glass Sunrise by Donna Kauffman - I loved all the books in Kauffman's Blueberry Cove series and I'm excited to start this spin off series.
10. And One Last Thing... by Molly Harper - I loved the one Molly Harper book I read and this one looks just as fun.
So what does summer reading mean to you?