It's time for one of my favorite link ups - Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and the Bookish. This week the list is for the Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read.
2. Kathryn Stockett - I've never read The Help. People kept shoving it at me soon after it came out telling me I really must read it and my contrary streak showed up and I refused.
3. John Green - Emma has read pretty much everything he's ever written and I've heard countless people rave about his books but I've never picked one up.
4. Margaret Atwood - I've owned The Handmaiden's Tale at least twice in my life but have yet to actually read this or any other Atwood books.
5. Stieg Larsson - I've never read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or any of the other 2 books in the series even when it was a book club choice, even when the movie came and even when everyone was talking about it continuously.
6. Stephen King - I was traumatized by the movie Pet Sematary when I was 8 or 9. I never really forgive Stephen King even though I went onto really like The Shining.
7. Sue Monk Kidd - I have seen The Secret Life of Bees on countless favorite lists and The Invention of Wings has been all over the currently reading list but I have yet to pick up one of her books.
8. Diana Gabaldon - I've always been a bit intimidated by the sheer size of The Outlander books
9. Neil Gaiman - One of his books was a selection for book club that I never got around too and while I have a few others bookmarked to read I just never have. I comfort myself with the knowledge that the episodes he writes for Doctor Who are some of my least favorite so maybe I wouldn't like the books either.
10. Rainbow Rowell - One day, one day!