Sunday, March 30, 2014

Showcase Sunday

It's time for Showcase Sunday!  This is a linkup with Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea where I figure out how many new books I've acquired over the past week.

Actual Books:

Tulle Death Do Us Part by Annette Blair - I love this mystery series even though the mystery part isn't always flawless.  It's hard to not love ghosts and vintage clothes.

Wedding of the Season by Laura Lee Guhrke - one of my favorite romance authors

Southern Cooking from the Loveless Cafe by Jane Stern - this is actually a cookbook but my weakness for cookbooks is if bad as it is for other books if not worse!



E-Books:


In the Balance by Patricia Wentworth - I'm trying to find the few books of hers that I don't have and when this went on sale this week I couldn't turn it down.

The Man in the Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart - the free kindle books get me every single time.  Every single time.




E-ARCs:


Nora Bonesteel's Christmas Past by Sharyn McCrumb - her ballad mystery series is fantastic so I was excited to see this new entry show up on Netgalley.  It also involves an old house so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Inn at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay - a new author to me though I think I've read a short story by her.  This one also involves an old house though this one has been turned into an inn.

The Escape by Mary Balogh - Balogh is pretty much an automatic read for me so I'm hoping this one lives up to her usual potential.


6 comments:

  1. Nice haul this week! I can't wait to see what you think of them! :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! The Sharyn McCrumb book especially intrigues me. I look forward to reading your thoughts on each of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love McCrumb's ballad series and I'm hoping this one lives up to the rest of the series.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I should check out Laura Lee Guhrke. Thanks! :)
    Happy reading!

    My SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Guhrke's books. I think And Then He Kissed Her is probably my favorite!

      Delete