Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Characters I'd Like to Go on Vacation With


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is about 10 characters I'd Like to Go on Vacation With.  This was a bit of a challenge since I read a lot of mysteries which means most of the characters I read about are constantly tripping over dead bodies which doesn't seem like would be much fun in reality!


1.  Mrs. Pollifax - I have very mixed feelings about this!  I'd love to spend time with Mrs. Pollifax but things do tend to go horribly wrong and you frequently end up in a country different from the one you started with.  

2.  Jessica Fletcher - Some glitzy author event.  Jessica is down to earth and doesn't take herself too seriously so she'd be fun to be with but she's well known enough to get us to meet all kinds of people.  My main goal would be avoiding getting suspected of murder.  

3 - 5.  Jane Marple, Hercule Poirot, and Patricia Wentworth's Maud Silver - A cruise.  We'd sit on the deck and people watch.  It'd be so much fun.  We'd probably discover all kinds of secrets and scandals.



6.  Kat Holloway from Speculations in Sin by Jennifer Ashley - Anywhere as long as it has a full kitchen.  Kat seems like a fun person to be around and she's a miracle worker in the kitchen so maybe a mountain cabin?  She'd probably enjoy the peace and quiet and clean air and Grace would have a fun time exploring.

7.  Sonya McTavish from Inheritance by Nora Roberts - A staycation at her house.  Sonya has a massive old house in Maine with antiques and ghosts and other mysteries.  I'd spend a happy week just exploring.

8.  Phileas Fogg from Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne - Pretty much anywhere because we'd always get where we're going with minimal delay.  He's resourceful and not much of a complainer - plus doesn't mind spending money to get what he wants.

9.  Dicken from The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - A walking tour through the English countryside.  Dickens knows so much about how things grow, animals and nature that he'd be fascinating to go on a hike with.  

10. Della Hamilton from The Blackbird Trilogy by Heather Graham - Anywhere historic.  Della can see and communicate with ghosts which would add a fun element to touring historic places.


7 comments:

  1. Dicken - what a good choice!!! And Jessica Fletcher - I love that one too! Lol.

    I just added the Jennifer Ashely books to my list the other day.

    Your trips all sound like great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'd travel with Mrs. Pollifax, Jessica Fletcher, Miss Marple and Kat Holloway. The challenge might be not ending up dead, though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, wouldn't Phileas Fogg be a fun traveling companion?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choices! It would be so fun to hang out with Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot on a cruise and listen to them figure out everybody's secrets...just as long as no one actually got murdered. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Mrs. Pollifax description!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list, I too would love to go to Sonya's place, it just ignites my imagination. I'd like Kat too, and I can see why you've chosen so many of these. Imagine tim with Hercule and Miss Marple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha. Same! A lot of the characters I enjoy reading about seem to attract trouble and dead bodies. I think I'd leave them home, thank you very much.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete