Thursday, April 25, 2024

Books from the Backlog - Historically Dead


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Historically Dead by Greta McKennan

Blurb:  Seamstress Daria Dembrowski must find a historically-minded killer before the fabric of her peaceful town rips wide open . . .
When the reality show My House in History comes to Laurel Springs, Pennsylvania, savvy seamstress Daria Dembrowski sees a business opportunity. The show follows two elderly sisters’ quest to restore their colonial mansion, and that means a heap of work for a seamstress who specializes in historical textiles. Although one of the old women is a bit of a grump, Daria loves the job—until she discovers one of the researchers dead, and the whole project threatens to unwind.

As a series of historical crimes pile up, from a stolen Paul Revere platter to a chilling incident of arson, Daria must find the killer quickly, for her life is hanging by a thread.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  This has been on my NetGalley shelf for far too long and it does sound like a cozy I'd enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. This book has been in your backlog so long that it is dead. lol

    It does sound like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have this on my TBR somewhere. It really does sound good.

    ReplyDelete